Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

Fuel mileage drop

5K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  NavyCuda 
#1 ·
As the title reads, I’ve noticed that my dte is really low here lately when I fill up. Used to be like 415 miles, now I’m lucky if I get 350. Anything I should check? I changed fuel filters and bumped up my tire pressure a little.

#13 ·
Yeah I reset it everytime- I’m also a pretty avid user of t Fuelly App to track it since basically the day I bought it. I don’t take the tank very low, for obvious reasons- but I’m usually resetting the trip meter with around 400 miles ish.

I towed my boat back and forth to the ramp the last 4 days, but filled up this morning.

Vehicle Speedometer Car Odometer Watch

#15 ·
As your DPF gets more and more clogged, your overall mileage will drop. The DPF in these trucks lasts about 75K miles before you start to see a pronounced increase in the frequency and duration of regen cycles, which reduces overall fuel economy significantly.

#20 ·
Im d3l3ted and my fuel economy is terrible. Im at stock height with stock tire sizes and i can only get 14 mpg at 75. If I slow down to 65 I can get 15-16 but then im obstructing traffic because the speed limits here are 75 and 80. Towing a 2 seater side x side on a light trailer got me between 9 and 10 mpg. About the same as my dads Tundra with the 5.7 V8. Seems lile over the last 2 years my economy gets worse and worse. The best I ever got was 17mpg when I first got the truck. 2 years ago at 65mph I could get 18-19 mpg. Now I cant top 16mpg at 65, and once im at 75 i cant do better than 15mpg. Love my truck but holy hell this truck gets the worst fuel economy of anything ive ever driven.

#23 ·
Lol I feel you dude. My mileage is shit too, I don’t think people are manually calculating mpg and they are believing their dash. I’m sorry but there ain’t a xd out there getting 19-21 in town like some claim. They need to come out of Lala land

#24 ·
I hand calculated 15.1 after driving very light footed. My commute to location was mostly highway with only a couple of in town miles. 325 miles and used 21.8 gallons. Didnt go over 70mph and very little traffic. Accelerating very lightly. I did this just to see if I could get some decent fuel economy and even driving super conservative it still sucks. When I got it new I could get 17mpg on the hwy. Now I can't do better than 14 mpg unless i stay below 70mpg. I blame the gearing because at 75 our trucks are at 2000rpm, the Ram 2500s we have are at about 1600rpm. The 5500 Rams are at about 2500-2600rpm at 75 and get similar mileage as my XD. I love the truck but I can't wrap my head around how the fuel economy can be this terrible! I mean when your fuel economy is worse than a Tundra 5.7 its bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.