Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone, I recently bought a 2016 pro 4x with the Cummins and I was wondering what kind of fuel mileage yall are getting, city and highway? In town I'm averaging 10.5 in town and 17.8 on the highway. Truck is all stock beside some falken all terrain tires in the factory size. Forgot to add the truck has 48k miles on it.

·
156 Posts
Whats up everyone, I recently bought a 2016 pro 4x with the Cummins and I was wondering what kind of fuel mileage yall are getting, city and highway? In town I'm averaging 10.5 in town and 17.8 on the highway. Truck is all stock beside some falken all terrain tires in the factory size. Forgot to add the truck has 48k miles on it.
The best advice I can give you is watch your instant fuel mileage gauge and when you see that drop into the single digits and the rpms jump to 750 or more get on the highway and burn out the regen that has started. I average 15-18 in mixed and 20+ mpg while on trips. Also hand calculate your mileage the little gauge is known to be off. I always burn my regens out on a single run and try not to use multiple trips to burn them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
You may want to keep track of your regens (as Surveyor mentioned). They are FUEL KILLERS, if you are getting too many regens, you may want to have the truck checked.

·
61 Posts
I get 17-19 in town 20-23 highway . My mpg meter is very close to hand calculated .
You may need an update that helped mine a lot .

·
1,261 Posts
You may want to keep track of your regens (as Surveyor mentioned). They are FUEL KILLERS, if you are getting too many regens, you may want to have the truck checked.
Checked???? Hell no...delete it!

Reactions: Mudjunkie

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks heads up,I’ll keep track of the regens from now on. Also on the update? Do I just take it to Nissan or how does that work?

·
26 Posts
For all those who say they get 18-20 mpg. BS on that, unless you are going down hill in a tail wind. Oh, and driving 30 mph on flat surface in the city and 65 mph on a flat highway. I drive slightly fast above average and never get those averages. My truck averages 14.2 city/ highway. That is via computer, which maybe off to the better. No delete on mine either,yet.

·
1,467 Posts
For all those who say they get 18-20 mpg. BS on that, unless you are going down hill in a tail wind. Oh, and driving 30 mph on flat surface in the city and 65 mph on a flat highway. I drive slightly fast above average and never get those averages. My truck averages 14.2 city/ highway. That is via computer, which maybe off to the better. No delete on mine either,yet.
You really love trying to stir shit huh? Dude I drive the piss out my truck everyday and average 15.5. If I'm easy and just drive normal I'll see 17 all day long, interstate easily 20.5 at 75. If your truck is getting horrible mileage something is wrong with your truck. Oh and my mpg guage is only .5 mpg off of hand calculating so that's what I use majority of the time.

·
185 Posts
hi steve I think that driving style has a lot to do with things though. I get 11-12 mpg towing my 24' Vnosed enclosed racecar trailer (it's about 9k fully loaded). I live in the MidAtlantic area and we have lots of rolling hills and even some mountains when I go to Watkins Glen. when trailering I run about 65ish mph (max 70 but usually closer to 65) and most is highway with some country roads mixed in and most trips are 200 to 600 miles long. mine is a Cummins XD PR 2016 bone stock. without the trailer I get about 15-16 mixed driving (some stop and go but mostly back road driving I live in the countryside. i'd say average 40-50 mph) and 19-20 highway driving (65 to 72 mph. 65 is the speed limit here) . 21k miles on my truck now and I love it. as for driving style I don't accelerate hard (1/4 to 1/2 throttle max usually) and it shifts around 2000-2500 rpm at most. driving like that saves on fuel for sure. BTW mine is one of the unicorn trucks (apparently!) that shifts real smooth and doesn't 'bang in' or flare (don't know why that is haha). oh one more thing - I always use HotShot EDT fuel treatment with every tank (mainly to help me feel better about the HPFP living a long healthy life) but maybe that stuff helps with fuel mileage too? don't know! I run the 5w-40 full synth Valvoline Premium Blue oil and cummins filter and change it every 7500 miles and do the fuel filters every 10k too so I'm a maintenance geek.

·
Banned
356 Posts
1 see 16-17 in town all day, and I'm at 6000' altitude. On the highway at anything under 70 it's 20+, and that'swith the Pro4X. Just because yours is sucking doesn't mean that's normal. Hint, you may have an issue.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts