Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
506 Posts
I cant get better than 14.5-14.8 with the cruise set at 75. Im fully d3l3ted. Occasionally ill get into the low 15s. I cant understand why its so bad. The Ram 2500s we have easilly get 19-20 at 75-80. Even out Ram 5500 heavy duty chassis cabs match or beat my XD and these things are turning at keast 2000rpm at 75! My wifes sequoia running 85 on Hwy 130 gets 15mpg and easily gets mid to high 16s with the cruise set at 75. Towing even a small trailer at 65 gets 9-10 mpg. Towing my small 18' jet boat I could only get 9-10mpg hwy staying at 65. Love this truck but the fuel economy is horrible! My dads Tundra 5.7 gets better fuel economy empty and towing the same trailer than my XD. I can't wrap my head around what could be causing this. When I first got it the best I could get was 16mpg hwy at 75. It doesn't use oil, and change ny fluids and filters religiously! I'd be happy if I could get 17-18mpg. The fact you guys are on here getting 20+ mpg and I'm 9nky getting 14-15 is crazy. I thought it was because I had the RC 2"x1" lift/level with 275/65/18s but I went back to stock height and stock tire size and it actually seems worse. Cant get better than 15mpg, most times its in the mid to high 14s. Even at 65 I can't get better than high 15mpg, and with no head wind I can get 16. Any Ideas or suggestions? one trip going to Oklahoma I actually got 18-19mpg going between 75 and 80mph but i have not been able to achieve that economy other than that one time.

I hear ya. I hand calculate mine and its usually withing a couple tenths of the display. Id be happy with 17-18mpg hwy.
I don’t see how anyone’s is that close, all 4 of my titans, my wife’s Altima, none are even close, they are like 2-3 mpg high

·
87 Posts
I don’t see how anyone’s is that close, all 4 of my titans, my wife’s Altima, none are even close, they are like 2-3 mpg high
My speedo reads almost 3mph faster than I. Actually going, so I used the digital HUD app that tracks your speed and distance via GPS, and despite my speedo being almost 3mph off, it is pretty close when measuring distance and when measuring fuel economy with the trip cpu vs the GPS app were very close.

·
506 Posts
My speedo reads almost 3mph faster than I. Actually going, so I used the digital HUD app that tracks your speed and distance via GPS, and despite my speedo being almost 3mph off, it is pretty close when measuring distance and when measuring fuel economy with the trip cpu vs the GPS app were very close.
That makes no sense in my brain at all lmao

41 - 46 of 46 Posts