Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using 2 stroke oil in their tank like the ford 6.0l people do to help lubrication of the injectors? And would that be a good or bad idea here?

·
1,979 Posts
Definitely a bad idea, that will clog up the exhaust treatment system. Do not put anythig in the fuel system.

·
165 Posts
I've really never been fond of using any sort of "additives" other than gasline anti-freeze in any of my vehicles. Just never really appeals to me

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Is anyone using 2 stroke oil in their tank like the ford 6.0l people do to help lubrication of the injectors? And would that be a good or bad idea here?
The best thing for the 6L injectors is tranny fluid.
But I wouldn't recommend it on the new 5L everything is all new and not worn out.

·
348 Posts
The only additive I have ever used is Marvel Mystery Oil. Used it my 79 mustang and all my off road toys to improve top cylinder lubrication. Never used it in anything with injectors.

·
8 Posts
My dad ran a dodge 5.9 for 330,000 and the one I just sold him I put 160,000 and all we ever put in the was power service Cetane boost-- will probably do the same with my 5.0

·
92 Posts
Spent a good amount of time talking to our local Cummins shop and they only recommended the use of Fleetgard fuel additive and DEF. fuel additive every other tank.

·
Banned
369 Posts
Sea Foam Motor Treatment! It can be used three ways- in the crankcase, in the fuel, and in the top end of the motor via vacuum lines.Sea Foam helps lubricate the moving parts, particularly in the fuel system.

·
165 Posts
Seafoam definitely does help when added to the fuel for lubricity. But it'll lubricate pistons and upper cylinders. Otherwise it'll just clean the injectors

·
1,324 Posts
Amsoil “all in one” fuel treatment is worth the cost to add. It wont void warranty. It will clean, lubricate, help with water, cold temp gelling of fuel, and provide optimum cetane for our engine.
Longer interval deep-clense - use BG245 diesel fuel additive.

Suggest you look up both products and manufacturers reputation for quality products to see for yourself

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Amsoil “all in one” fuel treatment is worth the cost to add. It wont void warranty. It will clean, lubricate, help with water, cold temp gelling of fuel, and provide optimum cetane for our engine.

Suggest you look up both products and manufacturers reputation for quality products to see for yourself
I have to ask?. You just joined and all you have talked about is coolant and Amsoil products. Are you here as a Titan XD owner to discuss the platform or are you here to sale and push products?
I can fully understand supporting a product you believe in as part of a discussion but I have to wonder since your first few posts have all been "pushing a product related and not overall related to the XD

·
1,324 Posts

I have to ask?. You just joined and all you have talked about is coolant and Amsoil products. Are you here as a Titan XD owner to discuss the platform or are you here to sale and push products?
I can fully understand supporting a product you believe in as part of a discussion but I have to wonder since your first few posts have all been "pushing a product related and not overall related to the XD
Actually you dont have to ask. Actually i can come on here and talk about whatever i want. Actually you have not been deputized as the titan xd forum police. Actually i have zero affiliation with any of the companies or products i have included in my posts. Actually i know what im talking about and they are used in my actual 2018 platinum reserve titan xd actually. Actually...

Go fly a kite buddy.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts

Actually you dont have to ask. Actually i can come on here and talk about whatever i want. Actually you have not been deputized as the titan xd forum police. Actually i have zero affiliation with any of the companies or products i have included in my posts. Actually i know what im talking about and they are used in my actual 2018 platinum reserve titan xd actually. Actually...

Go fly a kite buddy.
Don't be sensitive coach?just thought I'd ask. We see alot of folks come on here more for marketing products than talking about the XD.
I'm not policing anything. I just want to know if I should spend or waste my time responding to your posts.
You say you have a lot of knowledge about diesels and the XD Ill believe you...but not if you keep telling everyone that if you don't run Amsoil "you ain't ****"...because it is snake oil by the way???

·
1,324 Posts

Go fly a kite buddy.
Don't be sensitive coach?just thought I'd ask. We see alot of folks come on here more for marketing products than talking about the XD.
I'm not policing anything. I just want to know if I should spend or waste my time responding to your posts.
You say you have a lot of knowledge about diesels and the XD Ill believe you...but not if you keep telling everyone that if you don't run Amsoil "you ain't ****"...because it is snake oil by the way???
Heres your snake oil dimwit

https://www.kc-synthetic-oil.com/AMSOIL-vs-royal-purple.html

Go ahead amd knock yourself out calling this testing bs.

And Ive never told anyone they are s*** for not using amsoil or any product for that matter. You are delusional and it is unfortunate you resort to those redactive cover stories when someone calls you on your bs.

Honestly imho you are wasting tour precious time giving your 2 cents to my posts. Thank goodness youve only found maybe a third of them....

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts

Go fly a kite buddy.

Go fly a kite buddy.
Heres your snake oil dimwit

https://www.kc-synthetic-oil.com/AMSOIL-vs-royal-purple.html

Go ahead amd knock yourself out calling this testing bs.

And Ive never told anyone they are s*** for not using amsoil or any product for that matter. You are delusional and it is unfortunate you resort to those redactive cover stories when someone calls you on your bs.

Honestly imho you are wasting tour precious time giving your 2 cents to my posts. Thank goodness youve only found maybe a third of them....
"Overestimate te ipsum"

·
629 Posts
There are only two Cummins-approved fuel additives that I know of. They are Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost and Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost, both from Power Service. However, I have not seen that these are Nissan-approved, so you still may run into warranty issues if you use these (or any other) additives. Keep in mind that Cummins has nothing to do with the XD, legally speaking. Nissan buys the engine as an OE part and is solely responsible for it. If you call Cummins asking questions about it, they will tell you to call Nissan.

·
1,324 Posts
There are only two Cummins-approved fuel additives that I know of. They are Diesel Kleen +Cetane Boost and Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost, both from Power Service. However, I have not seen that these are Nissan-approved, so you still may run into warranty issues if you use these (or any other) additives. Keep in mind that Cummins has nothing to do with the XD, legally speaking. Nissan buys the engine as an OE part and is solely responsible for it. If you call Cummins asking questions about it, they will tell you to call Nissan.
Where did you find you cummins approved list?

You are correct - cummins engine is a part of a nissan who owns the warranty so ultimately its up to nissan. I guarantee you too though that if a cummins engine fails from manufacture flaw - nissan returns it to cummins and gets one back no charge.

It is also true is that there are numerous products that have been tested and approved by SAE as meeting requirements for said vehicle needs and as long as that product meets required low ash needs of our truck oil or fuel treatment properties that have proven not to damage any diesel engines or filters cold air enough (think k&n blanket statement that their products NEVER void warranties) etc than whoever the vehicle manufacturer is may not void warranty as a result. Enough have tried and failed in enough lawsuits to attempt to void warranties for products that have proven themselves to the SAE.

Btw - Did you know BG products are used in services at dodge dealerships (around my area anyways)? Apparently dodge does not see a need to restrict their products to the list you mentioned.

·
614 Posts
Where did you find you cummins approved list?

You are correct - cummins engine is a part of a nissan who owns the warranty so ultimately its up to nissan. I guarantee you too though that if a cummins engine fails from manufacture flaw - nissan returns it to cummins and gets one back no charge.

It is also true is that there are numerous products that have been tested and approved by SAE as meeting requirements for said vehicle needs and as long as that product meets required low ash needs of our truck oil or fuel treatment properties that have proven not to damage any diesel engines or filters cold air enough (think k&n blanket statement that their products NEVER void warranties) etc than whoever the vehicle manufacturer is may not void warranty as a result. Enough have tried and failed in enough lawsuits to attempt to void warranties for products that have proven themselves to the SAE.

Btw - Did you know BG products are used in services at dodge dealerships (around my area anyways)? Apparently dodge does not see a need to restrict their products to the list you mentioned.
Google search:

Diesel Kleen Cummins

1 - 20 of 33 Posts