Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I noticed this noise about two weeks ago on my 2016 Cummins. It seems to be coming from the area of the fuel tank/ def tank. Any ideas what it could be?

·
659 Posts
I don't know what it is but it doesn't sound good

·
269 Posts
I get a similar sound before startup. This sound is a far too crunchy to be good. I believe it is the lift pump also. I know it is NOT the def pump.

·
1,618 Posts
That is your lift pump sucking air. I've seen that before when there was a chunk of ice in the tank restricting the pick up also

·
638 Posts
Just like everyone else said, it's the lift pump. When did you have your filter changed? How much fuel do you have left in the tank? Same as @Cowboystarr, I had it when the fuel-water separator filter changed out, but the sound was only there at 1st or 2nd prime.

·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It’s been about 8k miles since the last filter change and there was a little over a half tank of fuel at the time of this video.

·
3 Posts
Mine has made this noise since it was new. =\ I always thought it was the DEF pump or something else.

·
1 Posts
Hey guys I noticed this noise about two weeks ago on my 2016 Cummins. It seems to be coming from the area of the fuel tank/ def tank. Any ideas what it could be?

Put your hand on the fuel filter on the frame rail, that’s where the noise is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts