Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have the diesel engine but know this has been a topic of discussion on the forum. I came across this and figured I would share for those you that have reported this issue. Sorry I don't have access to the full NTB. Searching the forum didn't result in any finds so figured it might not have been posted before.

Subject: SB 2016 Titan XD; Exhaust Smell Inside Vehicle when HVAC is on Fresh Air
Summary of NTB16056: IF YOU CONFIRM A diesel exhaust smell is present inside the vehicle: * While the vehicle is stopped. And * The HVAC system is ON with mode set to fresh air. ACTION 1. Remove the cowl cover assembly. 2. Install self-adhesive foam bloc

·
404 Posts
Mine is getting this done today as well. Glad to see things being done. I did a walk around with an engineer from Nissan North America last Thursday and typed up a list of concerns and it seems they're jumping on it. Excellent

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Mine is getting this done today as well. Glad to see things being done. I did a walk around with an engineer from Nissan North America last Thursday and typed up a list of concerns and it seems they're jumping on it. Excellent
Good to hear you have had your issues. Did you have a good feeling about them correcting things?

·
194 Posts
I'm supposed to pick mine up from the dealer today after taking 3 weeks to get the replacement carpet. Nissan did call yesterday to schedule a time for an engineer to fly out and check the truck out as well. At least they seem to genuinely want to fix issues... but not stocked on paying $60k to be a beta tester...Especially when my clients tend to pay me for my consulting services.

·
404 Posts
Picked mine up yesterday morning. The tech explained that the foam is supposed to redirect he fumes around the cabin. I won't know if it works until it does a regen. It appears the fumes are coming from the RTCV. Questioning the sealing of that to the turbo as I guess it's only a metal to metal seal between the RTCV and turbo. Interesting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts