Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 with 42k has been at the dealer since 7/1. No warning just shut down and would not start. It was just authorized yesterday and they are replacing 100% of the entire fuel system. The tech said they have to replace anything that has touched the fuel and they have had this exact same thing happen to 3 other trucks and it seems to becoming a common issue. He said there is a re-designed high pressure pump that is suppose to fix it. Total repair $11k they are stating that it is going to take 2-3 weeks to get parts then 4-5 to replace EVERYTHING.

Has anyone heard of this or had this issue. Seems to be more of a design issue than a part issue and my concern is that what is going to stop it from happening again. I drive 60-70k a year and need it to be reliable.

·
168 Posts
I hope that I get a recall notice for that fuel pump soon. I'm coming up on 40k with my 2018 XD. I'm not having any problems now, but I don't want my truck in the shop for several weeks.

·
1,331 Posts
First I’ve heard of it on a Nissan but it is a cp4 pump which has had a history for many years with GM and Ford for failing. Best bet that history has found is to upgrade to a Fass or Airdog type pump and add a good quality additive.

The cp4 was designed for cleaner fuel then we have in North America, European standards are better. So we know this will be a weak point for all the modern diesels for all manufacturers since they all now use a cp4 pump. VW also had the same issues with the cp4.

·
769 Posts
My 2018 with 42k has been at the dealer since 7/1. No warning just shut down and would not start. It was just authorized yesterday and they are replacing 100% of the entire fuel system. The tech said they have to replace anything that has touched the fuel and they have had this exact same thing happen to 3 other trucks and it seems to becoming a common issue. He said there is a re-designed high pressure pump that is suppose to fix it. Total repair $11k they are stating that it is going to take 2-3 weeks to get parts then 4-5 to replace EVERYTHING.

Has anyone heard of this or had this issue. Seems to be more of a design issue than a part issue and my concern is that what is going to stop it from happening again. I drive 60-70k a year and need it to be reliable.
Can someone watch the part number and let us know when the part number changes? Could be bs from the dealer though.
I don't have the knowledge or expertise to know if it changes or the designation of change to know when it happens or I would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2 Posts
I’m having this issue at the moment. I recently upgraded the dpf and tuned and immediately after a couple hours of driving, the truck was starving for fuel. I heard some kind of knock as well, fuel knock? And when I pulled over to the side, it cut off and hasn’t turned on since.
Main problem is that I have a 2016 with 60k miles.No warranty.

·
1,303 Posts
I’m having this issue at the moment. I recently upgraded the dpf and tuned and immediately after a couple hours of driving, the truck was starving for fuel. I heard some kind of knock as well, fuel knock? And when I pulled over to the side, it cut off and hasn’t turned on since.
Main problem is that I have a 2016 with 60k miles.No warranty.
What do you mean you upgraded the DPF?

Who’s tunes are you running?

·
737 Posts
There seem to be a few outfits selling a CP3 retrofit kit for CP4 applications. Has anyone ever heard of it? It's interesting to consider as a post-warranty modification.

Reactions: Nelsonjv1

·
1,110 Posts
Nissan's warranty is 5 years, 100,000 miles. How are any of these anything but the responsibility of Nissan?
You might be surprised to find out that is not the case. I am pretty sure it is covered by the emission warranty which is 60 months/ 80,000 Kms (50,000 miles) for 2016 to current model years. We have run into this with other emissions related parts.

·
737 Posts
Mine got a complete fuel system due to Sam's dropping the wrong fuel. It only took two weeks from part order to drive it home.
Sams has Diesel?? Never seen that before. I know I've been bothering Costco forever to sell Diesel but they just won't.

·
3 Posts
The EXACT same thing happened to me last week. The dealer gave me a loaner truck and said it will be at least a week once the parts are in. They are covering 100% of it plus the loaner so I can't complain, as long as it is fixed.

·
1 Posts
Just happened to mine at 124,000 miles. They say it will cost $21,000 to replace fuel system in my 2017 XD. Not covered by extended warranty. I wish I had known this was a common problem. I would have upgraded the warranty.

·
41 Posts

Went through the same thing

1 - 18 of 18 Posts