Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

Fuse Location Taillight and License Light Fuse?

34K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  antloagee95 
#1 ·
My Taillights on the truck side and the license plate illumination lamp quit working after connecting a trailer.

The front lights, daytime running lights, brake lights, reverse lights, and turn signals all work.

I have checked the trailer related fuses and all descriptions on the IPDM and Glove box area fuses and cannot determine where the tail light fuse or relay is located.

Can anyone supply a description or image for which fuses I should pull to check?

I contacted my local dealer and it seems Nissan Techs were unsure and had no ability to look it up, and want me to schedule a service appointment to see if they can figure it out...?

Thanks

#2 ·
#1 It is ridiculous and disgraceful that the Nissan techs can't tell you where to look for the fuses. Seriously?

#2 Off the top of my head I don't remember which fuses are in which boxes but you will find them in at least 3 different places. 1) Fuse panel located adjacent to the glove box inside cab on passenger side. 2) Set of fuses in a panel under hood, passenger side near the firewall 3) Set of fuses in a panel passenger side closer to the front of engine compartment and set a bit lower

My recollection is that fuses related to trailer are in that last one?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

#8 ·
#1 It is ridiculous and disgraceful that the Nissan techs can't tell you where to look for the fuses. Seriously?

#2 Off the top of my head I don't remember which fuses are in which boxes but you will find them in at least 3 different places. 1) Fuse panel located adjacent to the glove box inside cab on passenger side. 2) Set of fuses in a panel under hood, passenger side near the firewall 3) Set of fuses in a panel passenger side closer to the front of engine compartment and set a bit lower

My recollection is that fuses related to trailer are in that last one?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
My 2017 Titan S has a "trailer light check box" with a series of relays under the hood on the driver's side, in front beside the fan assembly.

#3 ·
Fuse #43 in the IPDM is for the taillights, license plate lights and right side front marker lights on the truck. If the fuse is good and the right front marker lights are still working but all the rear lights are out, you most likely have a wiring issue along the right side frame rail.

#5 ·
Big Thanks to Real Bored and Spewitt, you saved me an angry trip to the dealership. The Taillights and License Plate Light Fuse are integrated with #43 "Clearance RH" fuse as instructed by RB, and even though the fuse looked okay I swapped it and it is fixed and I can drive legally again.

Sad final note is I sent a picture of all 3 fuse box labels to the local Nissan dealer and their reply was that I needed to find the fuse labeled "Taillight" even though it doesn't exist, and otherwise Id need to schedule a service. I suppose I will be back to the forum another day as we can assume Nissan wanted to get into the diesel truck market and possibly did not consider they would need capable diesel truck technicians at each location. Hope this post helps someone else as well somewhere down the line.

#6 · (Edited)
Another thing to add that most probably do not know. The interior dash lights, labeled as "illumination" in the glove box fuse box, receives power from the tail light fuse shown above. So, if you ever lose those lights, check/change both the illumination fuse and the tail light fuse mentioned above. Crazy, huh?

Stay frosty

#7 ·
check fuses 42 and 43 if they don’t have power to them when the truck is running and all the lights supposed to be on check the switch if the switch checks out run a wire from the battery positive terminal to fuse 42 or 43 it doesn’t matter and after you run the wire and the lights turn on it sucks to say you’ll need a new ipdm but if you run the wire and the lights doesn’t turn on you have a broken wire somewhere

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.