Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please forgive the random thread here, but after searching...didn't find much to answer questions I had. So, figured 'd turn here for some feedback from fellow Gas burners...

1) Tires & Stock mud flaps - What the largest size anyone's added/run w/ the stock mud flaps? Any after market suggestions to reduce the added size constraint from them?

2) Fuel mileage - Any noticeable gains in MPG's after you've racked up some miles on the truck?

Thanks and God Bless!

·
1,979 Posts
There is a few threads that are discussing tire sizes that will work.
It's a gasser so don't expect to get much different mpg's than you are getting now. Diesels have a break-in change but not so much with gas motors.

·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:icon_scratch:
There is a few threads that are discussing tire sizes that will work.
It's a gasser so don't expect to get much different mpg's than you are getting now. Diesels have a break-in change but not so much with gas motors.

Read over several on tires, and no one seems to have the flaps installed that has upgraded tires.

MPG question - Only ask because two Nissan techs had asked me if I'd noticed anything yet, as they thought such would be the case. Why? From who? I have no idea....and yes, I asked...they wouldn't say

·
1,979 Posts

Read over several on tires, and no one seems to have the flaps installed that has upgraded tires.

MPG question - Only ask because two Nissan techs had asked me if I'd noticed anything yet, as they thought such would be the case. Why? From who? I have no idea....and yes, I asked...they wouldn't say
Normally the mud flaps are the 1st thing to go when oversized tires & different offset rims are installed.
Don'the why they would ask that, they should know that gassers don't really "loosen up" like diesels.

·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Normally the mud flaps are the 1st thing to go when oversized tires & different offset rims are installed.
Don'the why they would ask that, they should know that gassers don't really "loosen up" like diesels.

Agree completely, hence why I asked since those that kept them and upgraded have the unicorn's apparently :)

As or the techs asking...beats me. I essentially responded w/ the same question. Glad to know I' not crazy, or maybe I should be sad that I'm not?:surprise:

Reactions: Kadoi

·
348 Posts
Actually, I have just over 4k on my 5.6, and I have been noticing an increase in my mileage for my everyday trips. I know there are several variables to tracking individual trips, but the mileage has consistently risen a little sense about 3k. Will make first extended pull with travel trailer this weekend, 2.5 hr one way with 4500 lbs, 2.5 hrs. back with 6k. Wish I was camping, but instead we're picking up the wife's new camper in Ocala, well at least I'll see how it does.

·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WireNut.... Thanks for the response, interesting indeed. Safe travels and congrats on the new camper! Look forward your follow-up once back.

·
10 Posts
I have a 2016 Titan XD SL Gas burner and I drive around 60 miles per day round trip between home and work and I'm getting around 15 MPG. I only have 1800 mile so far though I will be keeping an eye on the millage to see if anything changes as I rack up more miles.

Side note:
As you are a gas burner have you noticed a slight vibration in the floorboard around 1800 to 2000 RPM's? The vibration is constant when your on the highway set the cruze between 65-68 and the engine is around 2000 RPM, I have taken it to the dealer and they say it is normal and no need to worry. Just asking if anyone else is experiencing this same issue.

Thanks

·
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Roger that...thanks. Will stay tuned as your mileage climbs.

As for the shutter mentioned, I personally haven't noticed it, maybe because of the crappy roads around here. Will be taking some highway runs this weekend and will pay closer attention, and keep my kids off the stereo and RF sound system :)

·
363 Posts

Of course they say that to send you on your way with hopeful optimism. I personally believe there's a lot of hype and internet myth with online fuel economy reports some related to outlier drives with perfect weather, traffic, nuisance speeds, driving downhill, wind, etc and others just wanting to perpetuate the myth or make a sale.

Modern emission design and regens took the wind out of the diesel sail a while back.

·
450 Posts
Of course they say that to send you on your way with hopeful optimism. I personally believe there's a lot of hype and internet myth with online fuel economy reports some related to outlier drives with perfect weather, traffic, nuisance speeds, driving downhill, wind, etc and others just wanting to perpetuate the myth or make a sale.

Modern emission design and regens took the wind out of the diesel sail a while back.
Frost.......he's talking about his 5.6 gas V8 - not a diesel.

Just shoot me a PM next time and I'll explain what's going on in these threads. That way the next time you post it makes sense.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts