Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a gasser pro-4x last night. So far truck is awesome! Just curios if anyone else with the gasser has an owners manual that has any info on the 5.6? Mine only has info on the diesel. For example the section on oil type/capacity only list the 5.0.

I went back to dealer thinking they accidently gave me one for the diesel but he pulled another manual for a SV gasser they had and it also only had info on the diesel.

Far as I can tell there is no supplemental manual in the packet either.

·
348 Posts
I picked up my gas Pro4x Monday night, yes, the owners manual is generic and refers everything to the diesel supplement. I asked my sales person yesterday while I was at the dealer getting the transfer case ground strap attached and the exhaust leak at the crossover fixed. She got the "truck guru" who said it was right and that maintenance on the gas was every 5k. Asked about transmission fluid replace, every 60k he said. Same as the diesel, then I showed him that the diesel transmission fluid is every 20k, huh, he said and went to his computer. My sales person found 2 part numbers for owners manuals and has ordered some of the ones they don't have to see if it is for the 5.6. The good news is that the maintenance requirements are available on line.

·
348 Posts
Not really a transfer case issue, just the grounding strap was not connected on to the bottom of the cab, you could see it hanging down. The exhaust leak was a clamp that wasn't fully tightened on the crossover pipe. I only noticed it when I cranked the truck in the morning or had been sitting for some time. After about 15 seconds, as things heated and expanded, it sealed its self.

·
573 Posts
You guys are the first gasser owners I have seen on here. What were you driving before and what do you like/ don't like? Sorry about the thread jack :p

·
348 Posts
You guys are the first gasser owners I have seen on here. What were you driving before and what do you like/ don't like? Sorry about the thread jack :p
I drove, and still have my 04 Titan. Decided to let son drive it and sell my Jeep that my son has been driving for the last two years. This way I can tow the travel trailer with the XD and the wife or son can drag the boat. I actually like the storage aspect of the interior in my 04 over the XD. But everything else about the XD makes up for that. I actually ordered, and refused, a diesel SV. I chose a gasser because of my needs and my driving style. The diesels I tested, 4 in all, were great, but ALOT different than my 04, just something I wasn't sure I was ready for or really wanted. To get the XD moving takes a little more pedal and the RPMs go higher than my 04, but it gets more fun to drive everyday.

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for info I was able to find the info on Nissans website by downloading the 2016 titan manual. I also have the dealer trying to track me down a hard copy.

Driving impressions....I had a 2006 titan that I bought new, truck was great all 10 years I had it. They are kinda night and day different to me but good in their own way. The biggest difference was the throttle response. I don't think its power or weight issue with the xd but there seems to be way more throttle play before the truck actually gets any gas. Under light throttle it wants to shift through the gears very quickly, assuming for better mpg. So if you want to go fast it takes more throttle pedal travel. With the said I'm already use to it after a couple days. Xd is very quite and very smooth much more so than the 2006. I got every option they have so the goodies list is way beyond the 2006. As big as the xd is it actually handles corners very well considering its size. Its an awesome truck.

·
348 Posts
The new owners manuals are available from your dealer, I picked mine up Friday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts