Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone gotten around to putting gauges in? Not just obd driven, but real boost, egt and rail pressure? Maybe lift pump also. Be interesting to how much of what there is. :nerd2:

·
1,979 Posts
There is no reason to start hacking up things to put in gauges, the computer is going to keep everything in check & defuel itself if need be. Best to keep everything alone and not risking possible warranty issues.

·
103 Posts
Give it some time, lots of aftermarket companies working on stuff now, remember this truck has only been out a few months.
I wouldn't worry about warranty issues for a few gauges.

·
165 Posts
Definitely agree with the above, it's still a bit too early to get into hacking into the wiring and what not. For more information I would rather just go the Torque adroid app worst case scenario with the bluetooth obd adapter

·
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't see where you'd "hack" into the wiring other than picking up switched power, and that into something critical like the cig lighter. Just be interesting to see what the baseline numbers are.

·
1,979 Posts
Can't see where you'd "hack" into the wiring other than picking up switched power, and that into something critical like the cig lighter. Just be interesting to see what the baseline numbers are.
If you want more than OBO drivin you'll need to drill and tap a hole in the exhaust manifold just for the EGT gauge. The boost gauge wil need to be plumbed into the lines. A Edge OBD display will be more than sufficient.

·
270 Posts
If you want more than OBO drivin you'll need to drill and tap a hole in the exhaust manifold just for the EGT gauge. The boost gauge wil need to be plumbed into the lines. A Edge OBD display will be more than sufficient.
A couple of parameters that would interest me: 1) EGTs at the point where temps are elevated during regen. I suspect that's downstream from where the truck's EGT gauge is picking it up?; 2) Trans temps. Think the Edge could help here?

Running a Scangauge II right now that I move between vehicles. Intake air temp was a surprise- anywhere from 120-180+ degrees from OBDII connector at an ambient of 70-80 on the truck's outdoor temp gauge. Thought for a moment a cold air intake would help, but don't think so. Temp measured with a thermocouple coming in from the fender was already near ambient. Researched it and looks like the Cummins likes to heat the air up bit before they put it to work. My other vehicles read right around ambient from the OBDII. Even across the desert yesterday @ 114 ambient, Cummins temps were fairly stable in the 160-180ish range with coolant running in ~204 or so on the SG.

Don't think I'll be adding any gauges for now even though I have them on the Powerstroke.

·
1,979 Posts
A couple of parameters that would interest me: 1) EGTs at the point where temps are elevated during regen. I suspect that's downstream from where the truck's EGT gauge is picking it up?; 2) Trans temps. Think the Edge could help here?

Running a Scangauge II right now that I move between vehicles. Intake air temp was a surprise- anywhere from 120-180+ degrees from OBDII connector at an ambient of 70-80 on the truck's outdoor temp gauge. Thought for a moment a cold air intake would help, but don't think so. Temp measured with a thermocouple coming in from the fender was already near ambient. Researched it and looks like the Cummins likes to heat the air up bit before they put it to work. My other vehicles read right around ambient from the OBDII. Even across the desert yesterday @ 114 ambient, Cummins temps were fairly stable in the 160-180ish range with coolant running in ~204 or so on the SG.

Don't think I'll be adding any gauges for now even though I have them on the Powerstroke.
The DPF is basically a infrared heater so the Temps will be the hottest there when it's in regen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts