Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'll be leaving on a road trip from NC to New England on Wednesday morning, I filled up with fuel and DEF for the first time. I have traveled 542 miles and I put in 2.702 gallons of DEF at a Loves pump.

So that is about 5 gallons every 1,000 miles...at least right now anyway. About 90% of that mileage was highway.....

I'll keep notes of fuel use on my trip and write in when i get back.

BTW, I'll have a 1,500 pound slide in truck camper on the XD for the entire trip...should be a good test.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Since I'll be leaving on a road trip from NC to New England on Wednesday morning, I filled up with fuel and DEF for the first time. I have traveled 542 miles and I put in 2.702 gallons of DEF at a Loves pump.

So that is about 5 gallons every 1,000 miles...at least right now anyway. About 90% of that mileage was highway.....

I'll keep notes of fuel use on my trip and write in when i get back.

BTW, I'll have a 1,500 pound slide in truck camper on the XD for the entire trip...should be a good test.
How much def are you going through?

I do 70% hwy and I have put one jug in over 10,000 km.

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In 542 miles I put in 2.7 gallons.....

·
1,310 Posts
There's no way...Mine went 2800 miles before I added about 3 gals of DEF. The gauge doesn't move for quite some time. Then it goes faast. I would be willing to bet that it wasn't full.

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dealers....what can you expect.... Heading out now for my 1,500 mile round trip to New England. Will post when i get back.
Enjoy your trucks everyone!

·
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, had a good trip to new England and back..... Fought rain about half the time up and back, but still pretty good. I went 1767 miles with a 1500 pound camper in the back and i averaged 15.67 mpg at 64 miles per hour. I now have 2700 miles on my Pro4X in less than 2 weeks....

The truck handled the weight of the camper fine on the highways climbing the mountains. I set the cruise control to 64 most of the time and the transmission never even down shifted. This is an awesome truck!

I don't like the nav system though. You can't program a new destination while you are moving.... I would think a passenger should be able to use the controls. I hate that! I loved the rain sensing wipers and the headlights made the mountain highways seem like daylight.

All in all...this is the truck I thought it would be! Over Memorial Day weekend, I'll be putting the camper back on the truck and 4 wheeling out on the beach. Can't wait to see how it goes in the sand....

·
404 Posts
Yes, the GPS is terrible. It's the worst one I've ever used. Rather than pulling over and typing in an address you can do voice commands. However, you'll say something like "Chicago" and it'll respond "getting directions to China buffet".

1 - 13 of 13 Posts