Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tomorrow I’m picking up a new ride, they are being nice enough to let me remove everything and take it back to stock before I have to trade it in.

So I’ll have a few goodies for a great price soon in the next few weeks. Some will require travel to Kansas City on the buyers part but it’ll be worth it.

Titan 50gal tank
Fass Fuel pump - with new filters
CFT catch can
EZLynk with cable and Soft switch, tunes are not transferable.
IDRIVE
Think I have 5 or 6 Fleetguard oil filters and maybe 1 fuel filter at the engine.

I’m going back to gas since I only use it for towing and going to stay stock, also no more Nissan for me. Going to give Ford a try.

Once I’m ready I’ll create a thread in the classifieds.

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah F250, who knows I may regret it but I can always go back to a diesel.

Maybe in a few years I’ll pick up a used Titan XD for cheap :). and play again.

·
229 Posts
Good luck and happy sailing. We are all pretty much going the way of the Yugo here. I hope to ride it out until the Big 3 come out with the next best thing. Maybe the Hummer H1 will be resurrected and come out with a big diesel?

·
635 Posts

I drive a 2017 250 with the 6.2 gasser everyday at work. All I can say is get that wallet ready when towing. Our excavator setup weighs right under 13k.... towing on flat ground interstate it gets a whopping 5 mpg running 68 lol. Probably the worst towing truck I've ever towed with.

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bummer, hate losing money on something that was believed in.
Actually I’m making out pretty well, 2 years of ownership and 27k miles only dropped $6k from what I paid for the trade value they are giving me. I’ll lose a some on the accessories but not a huge loss overall.

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats on the new truck! To bad u couldn't have waited a few to get the 7.3!
Yeah not sure I want to test a new engine tranny just yet. I had thought about it and could have ordered one, still can, don’t sign till tomorrow.

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I drive a 2017 250 with the 6.2 gasser everyday at work. All I can say is get that wallet ready when towing. Our excavator setup weighs right under 13k.... towing on flat ground interstate it gets a whopping 5 mpg running 68 lol. Probably the worst towing truck I've ever towed with.
Oh well I was told not to invest in a Nissan Cummins as well, I like to get first hand experience 😁

From what I’ve read it’s the best 3/4 ton gas combo out there currently for reliability and power.

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wait. Its gonna be legit. Order one
If it’s that good I’ll trade in a year or so, I like the 2019’s look and freaking the 6.2 ‘s sell fast here, unless they are the basic xl package. Have tried to buy 2 that of course sold, one was delivered to the dealer from the factory this morning and my salesman didn’t even know it was sold. They are trying to bring me in one tomorrow from another dealer.

·
261 Posts
Whats ultimately the reason you are getting out of the Titan Diesel? You are deleted and everything so I would assume the average complaints don't apply to you.

·
8 Posts
Well tomorrow I’m picking up a new ride, they are being nice enough to let me remove everything and take it back to stock before I have to trade it in.

So I’ll have a few goodies for a great price soon in the next few weeks. Some will require travel to Kansas City on the buyers part but it’ll be worth it.

Titan 50gal tank
Fass Fuel pump - with new filters
CFT catch can
EZLynk with cable and Soft switch, tunes are not transferable.
IDRIVE
Think I have 5 or 6 Fleetguard oil filters and maybe 1 fuel filter at the engine.

I’m going back to gas since I only use it for towing and going to stay stock, also no more Nissan for me. Going to give Ford a try.

Once I’m ready I’ll create a thread in the classifieds.
What do you want for all of it?

·
635 Posts
Oh well I was told not to invest in a Nissan Cummins as well, I like to get first hand experience 😁

From what I’ve read it’s the best 3/4 ton gas combo out there currently for reliability and power.
Lmao, I dont know what they consider good power but that shit ain't it. My stock xd will run circles around the 6.2

·
21 Posts

I went from my 16 xd diesel to a 18 f250 gas and regret it everyday. Empty the truck feels good, it even gets better mpg than I expected (I get 14 at 75+). Towing it is such a dog. My XD would pull and pull and stay in 6th just cruising no matter what I towed. The f250 is constantly shifting and has no low end pulling power. Probably has more overall peak power than the xd, but real world towing the f250 sucks. I would get a 150 3.5 ecoboost way before the 6.2 for towing.

·
635 Posts
No the ecoboost will pull but get real thirsty. Gmc 2020 the AT4 1500 diesel might be good to look at.
A 4cylinder ain't gonna pull shit lol. That thing is for economy. There is just no replacement when it comes to towing. All gasser 3/4 tons are garbage for towing. If you gonna tow stay with a diesel. I wouldnt wish a 6.2 gasser on my worst enemy

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
About this Discussion
64 Replies
25 Participants
tdhanses
Nissan Titan XD Forum
The world's premier forum community for everything related to the Nissan XD Titan Cummins.
Full Forum Listing