Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.....tomorrow, Saturday Apr 30, I say goodbye to my 2004 Titan SE Offroad (bought new) and say hello to my 2016 Titan XD Platinum Diesel. I absolutely love my 2004, but it's time to replace it. No reliability issues or anything like that. However, I do drive a lot for work and there comes a time when you start to question if your vehicle has another 8 hour one way trip in it without issue.

·
167 Posts
Well.....tomorrow, Saturday Apr 30, I say goodbye to my 2004 Titan SE Offroad (bought new) and say hello to my 2016 Titan XD Platinum Diesel. I absolutely love my 2004, but it's time to replace it. No reliability issues or anything like that. However, I do drive a lot for work and there comes a time when you start to question if your vehicle has another 8 hour one way trip in it without issue.
Congratulations, I've done the same and am completely happy with the decision. especially if you drive a lot of highway miles, it'll be a noticeable improvement in fuel efficiency over your old one.

·
348 Posts
I'm in similar boat, bought my 04 new, love it, still rides better, looks, and fit / finish is better, than a lot of friends later model big 3's. Runs and handles not far from new. 160,000 miles. Today my dealer calls and informs me my gas Pro4x will arrive today. My extra vehicle, that my teen age son seemed to commandeer, is a 92 Jeep Wrangler, slight build. So now I'm faced with sell Jeep keep truck, let son drive old Titan, at least I still have it, or trade it and lose it, to keep a Jeep that I don't get to drive. I'm hoping that after getting in the new XD, nothing else matters.

·
27 Posts
I'm in similar boat, bought my 04 new, love it, still rides better, looks, and fit / finish is better, than a lot of friends later model big 3's. Runs and handles not far from new. 160,000 miles. Today my dealer calls and informs me my gas Pro4x will arrive today. My extra vehicle, that my teen age son seemed to commandeer, is a 92 Jeep Wrangler, slight build. So now I'm faced with sell Jeep keep truck, let son drive old Titan, at least I still have it, or trade it and lose it, to keep a Jeep that I don't get to drive. I'm hoping that after getting in the new XD, nothing else matters.
nothing else matters :smile2:

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here is my 04 that I said goodbye to. It's going to make some young testosterone ridden male very happy.

Here is the new one. I was surprised how tall this truck is. I think it's taller than my lifted 04. The ride is buttery smooth, cabin is quiet, and the turbo whine.....gotta love it.

·
38 Posts
Congrats on your new XD Platinum did almost the same as you traded in my 2006 with 155,000 in February. One thing for sure is the XD Platinum is one fine truck.

·
77 Posts
the new titans really show us 1gen owners how cheap nissan went with the interiors on the OG titans lol.
Yea, although they were comparable to other trucks in 2004. I still think my 05 Titan has some of the most comfortable seats I've ever had. I could drive all day in that thing and still feel good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts