Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a laugh…but…concerned where to buy??

Walked into my local Nissan Dealer today and finally found a salesperson. I ask "Do ya'll have one of the new Titans on the lot yet." He looked at me with a puzzled look on his face and stated "Titan?". I said "Yea, Titan truck." He said "Oh, Titan pick up." I thought "O-kay" and ask "Do you have an XD?" He looked at me for a moment and finally said, "I don't think so, but I do have one in red and one in blue." I got tickled and said "No no, not a color, the new Titan XD Diesel?" About that time a second salesperson approached and said "You mean the American Titan." I said "Okay, you got one?" He said "No, those won't even be out till February." I said thanks and slipped out the door. My concern is if the sales staff doesn't know any more about them than that by now, what about the Tech's? I would think this close to their release date (Dec., I assume) the sales staff would be much more knowledgeable about them!
Anyone else experiencing this sort of thing with their dealerships?

·
49 Posts
Yep, I ask to place my name on Titan XD list here in NJ and the Sales Mgr looked at me like I had 4 heads and then wrote my name on a piece of scrap paper......really!

·
313 Posts
I asked for info from our local dealer via email and got a stock reply that they would get back to me within a day or so.
That was a month ago.
Not holding my breath.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Here in BC most of the dealers either don't know about the Titan XD or don't believe it's real. It's a completely new and unexpected product for Nissan dealerships.

·
772 Posts
was looking at some new gm's and chevy's today. one salesman at the chevy dealership asked us why we looked under the front end when we asked him if the truck was 4x4 or not......................moral of the story? lol

its very surprising nissan people don't know about a new nissan product thats supposed to impact the truck industry.

·
77 Posts
Yea, it seams most of the sales people don't have a clue. I stopped and looked at a crew cab Titan when I had my extended cab and the salesman tried to tell me that it rode much better because the crew cab has a much longer wheelbase. The wheelbases are the same unless you got a longbed which those were rare.

·
94 Posts
Here in BC most of the dealers either don't know about the Titan XD or don't believe it's real. It's a completely new and unexpected product for Nissan dealerships.
Newcastle Nissan in Nanaimo was a little more helpful(though not much) They know it exists, they know they are getting it but they don't know when or how much it will cost.

·
313 Posts
I asked for info from our local dealer via email and got a stock reply that they would get back to me within a day or so.
That was a month ago.
Not holding my breath.
Well, I guess it all depends who you talk to. Had some time and walked into Muskoka Nissan and met a young man who knew about as much as I do about the Nissan XD Cummins. And he was just as excited.
- "No turbo lag 'cause there's dual turbos"
- And he rattled off the HP and Torque numbers from memory. (I might get close but ...)

But no, he didn't really know pricing or even exact delivery dates for different models, but I blame Nissan for that, not him.

A very pleasant surprise.

Oh, and he gave me a huge brochure, almost a poster that I can hang up. No more info than on the web, but still nice for a truck geek.

Reactions: NissanGeoff

·
31 Posts
Got the same poster at my Nissan dealer. Same info, the sales guy didn't know when, how much or any technical details. Said they likely wouldn't discount and I expect to see them asking above the manufacturer's recommended price. I'm trying to decide between the Titan and a Ford F-150. I don't do a lot of towing but do a lot of driving so mileage is important. When they first announced the Titan, Nissan said that while they didn't have to release mileage they were going to. Since they haven't, I'm concerned the numbers aren't great. With the current steep F-150 discounts counts, I'm starting to lean toward the 150. Also in my area the Ford dealers have a much better reputation.

·
313 Posts
Got the same poster at my Nissan dealer. Same info, the sales guy didn't know when, how much or any technical details. Said they likely wouldn't discount and I expect to see them asking above the manufacturer's recommended price. I'm trying to decide between the Titan and a Ford F-150. I don't do a lot of towing but do a lot of driving so mileage is important. When they first announced the Titan, Nissan said that while they didn't have to release mileage they were going to. Since they haven't, I'm concerned the numbers aren't great. With the current steep F-150 discounts counts, I'm starting to lean toward the 150. Also in my area the Ford dealers have a much better reputation.
People who've talked to the drivers of the XD demos going around say the Hwy mileage can be very good. Over 25 mpgUS anyway. But Nissan is definitely not helping by holding back all sorts of info so close to the release date.

My truck is a tow truck, spending over 60-70% of it's road time towing over 8000#. Like you, my alternative is the F150, but with the HD Payload option which boosts the payload over 2000# and the 3.5L EcoBoost engine.

Think I would prefer the Cummins for its better mileage especially when towing, exhaust brake and the diesel's low-rpm grunt. And I would be willing to pay a diesel $$ premium. But overall the price does have to be competitive, somewhere between the F150 HD and the big Ford Superduty diesels.

But probably will not be buying until next Sept, so maybe by then the discounts will appear.

If I didn't need the payload and tow capacity, but wanted a truck with good mileage, would probably be looking at the RAM Ecodiesel or the F150 with the 2.7L EcoBoost. They can't tow/haul that much though.

·
340 Posts
Donlen still doesn't have any updates. With trucks expected on lots by december I would of figured they would of had something up at least about order banks opening... the other thing is, Donlen is for fleets, so what I'm seeing there may simply be indicating that Nissan is not offering the XD to fleets just yet...

cruise through the resource center page http://donlen.com/resourcecenter.aspx

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A mid to late December release date makes some sense I guess (?) To release a new truck earlier,or pricing information for that matter, (Sept, Oct, Nov) that will likely, for a time period at least, sell at or very near MSRP would not be a good thing while the top three are holding their End of the Year Clearance Sales at up to $14K off MSRP. That alone might sway some potential customers away. Then again, those same customers may feel its not worth missing out on the existing discounts to wait for the Titan, thinking to buy a new (one of the top three) truck at the money savings price now, and look at the Titan say, 3 years down the road. Guess it could go either way(?)

·
31 Posts
On one of the recently posted videos, the salesman who put together the video, mentioned a January 2016 date. At this point I think Nissan has probably set the record for the longest product rollout. That's not counting Toyota who has been discussing a diesel truck since 2008 and is still selling a 1/2 ton truck that hasn't been updated since 2007. It might be interesting if everyone guesses an actually delivery date (since they will vary by location we should probably use the first one at any location) and we can see who comes closest. I'll throw out December 18.

·
857 Posts
Toyota is finally coming to the game with theirs but it's been way too long as you mentioned, it seems as if their only motivation was to stick with the flow of the industry rather to get in on that curve when it was in its infancy.

·
158 Posts
Stopped in at Capital Nissan of Wilmington today and they are expecting end of December delivery for there XD Titans. They said all of the ones they're getting are fully loaded platinum reserves. No prices though...

·
340 Posts
A mid to late December release date makes some sense I guess (?) To release a new truck earlier,or pricing information for that matter, (Sept, Oct, Nov) that will likely, for a time period at least, sell at or very near MSRP would not be a good thing while the top three are holding their End of the Year Clearance Sales at up to $14K off MSRP. That alone might sway some potential customers away. Then again, those same customers may feel its not worth missing out on the existing discounts to wait for the Titan, thinking to buy a new (one of the top three) truck at the money savings price now, and look at the Titan say, 3 years down the road. Guess it could go either way(?)
This is actually a fairly logical assumption. Nissan dealers will be fighting with blunt weapons essentially. Sure the truck is brand new and beautful and all that good stuff... but they won't have any dealing power, not in the early days...

·
49 Posts
it's cummin

I've called a bunch of New England Nissan dealers and the owner of one called me back yesterday. He said they had a conf call with Nissan HQ and they'll have the trucks December 22, with them on the lot and available in January.
I was pleasantly surprised that he called back. The other dealerships sounded like they'd never heard of a Titan XD.

·
16 Posts
I have called 3 dealers here in the STL area and no one has claimed to know anything about the XD on initial contact with promises to call me back 'right away'. Even the "Largest Nissan Dealer in MO" hasn't called me back yet:

I found the conversation with one sales person to be funny:
ME: blah blah interested in 2016 Titan XD
LNDinMO: oh yeah, we have those..
ME: really? the TITAN XD with the Cummins 5.0?
LNDinMO: oh wait, can you hang on a sec?
ME: sure...
LNDinMO: (hold music for 3 minutes).. He, he, yeah, we don't have those yet. Can I take your name and number? I will call you back in about an hour when I find out when we will have one to see or some on the way.. Oh and, what trim level are you looking at?
ME: Uh, OK, sure (information), thanks! Trim level? Well, whatever trim level I would need to take one home.. Is Bad-Ass a trim level?
LNDinMO: Hee, Hee, yeah, just asking since we will probably only get and sell Platinum's.
ME: Well, platinum is my new favorite color then..
LNDinMO: Ok, cool, Ill call you right back.

4 days later. No call.

I am just wondering what corporate is telling the dealers about the truck? The LNDinMO also has a very large Ford dealership next door (its theirs too) and they have no problems selling F-x50's all day long. Just seems like you would want to market the crap out of these locally and get the buzz going considering the competition they are facing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts