Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
220 Posts
It's amazing how quickly you try and justify your purchases by putting down other brands that make better products than the ones you owned. Honestly, it's sad.
Ummm...and you’re doing....what? Exactly?

Better is a subjective word. That means opinion. You’re on a forum that is opinionated toward a particular brand and make.

·
321 Posts
The embarrassment belongs to you my friend. You claimed in over 30 years, your Nissans "had not a single issue". That is a blatant lie, and absolutely ridiculous. Sorry, but wheel bearings, ball joints, water pumps, engine/driveline seals, exhaust replacement, control arms, catalytic converters, axles, calipers, etc are common problems on any older vehicle, especially Nissan, and they're not "regular maintenance".

You sound like a broken record; as soon as you get called out for lying, you bring in the "mY cHRySLeR and fOrDs had soooo many issues defects!!!!" It's amazing how quickly you try and justify your purchases by putting down other brands that make better products than the ones you owned. Honestly, it's sad.
Congrats on once again embarrassing yourself. And, yes, everyone notices you now give a different list than previously which were obvious regular maintenance items, which further weakens your point. Regardless, as before, none of the problems in your current list happened to any of my Nissans. Other than the brakes (if that's what you're referring to by "calipers") which, again, are regular maintenance items. And I wasn't putting down either Ford or Chrysler. I was simply stating my experience with the remainder of the vehicles I owed. Clearly, you're the type who needs to create make-believe scenarios in your head and you have to lash out and falsely accuse people so you can believe you're right and they are wrong. Which is what weak minded people do. And, again, it only serves to embarrass you.

·
292 Posts
Congrats on once again embarrassing yourself. And, yes, everyone notices you now give a different list than previously which were obvious regular maintenance items, which further weakens your point. Regardless, as before, none of the problems in your current list happened to any of my Nissans. Other than the brakes (if that's what you're referring to by "calipers") which, again, are regular maintenance items. And I wasn't putting down either Ford or Chrysler. I was simply stating my experience with the remainder of the vehicles I owed. Clearly, you're the type who needs to create make-believe scenarios in your head and you have to lash out and falsely accuse people so you can believe you're right and they are wrong. Which is what weak minded people do. And, again, it only serves to embarrass you.
I've had bunch of nissans and ford f150, (though I usually change cars/trucks after 150K miles of service), I've never had single issue except for a flat tire. If you maintain your vehicle right (and a little luck I guess), it is possible.

·
Banned
79 Posts
Sad.

The items in my first mirror the 2nd. Perhaps you have a reading comprehension issue?

Brake service does not include calipers; clearly you don't even understand a system that basic. Confusing caliper replacement with brake pad and rotor replacement truly shows that you don't understand even the basics of any vehicle. Which is probably why you seem so confused.

No "make-believe scenarios" here, only 2 decades as a professional service technician. Which is how I can say first hand that you're very confused and forgetful.

·
Banned
79 Posts
I wonder how many on this forum wanted a Cummins powered pickup but just couldn't bring themselves to buy a Cummins wrapped in a Fiat Chrysler Dodge Ram?
I do as well.

Why would someone hesitate to buy the 2nd best selling retail vehicle in North America that ranks 2/3 of all commercial truck sales and has a real Cummins engine when they could buy...a Nissan?

For all the fanboys, a RAM shares nothing with a Fiat. They're under the same corporate brand, but nothing more. RAM is an entirely American controlled brand; they're built in Sterling Heights, MI and their headquarters is Auburn Hills, MI.

·
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Heavy you know I was just showing off my Jeep right...your troll stats and comments give me a headache. If you want to spew that stuff start your own threads. That way it will be all contained in one place. You can type away the vast knowledge of stuff that you apparently know about. Meanwhile I’ll show off my Jeep and say why I got rid of my Pathfinder...as is eluded to in the title of this thread.

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
220 Posts
RAM is an entirely American controlled brand; they're built in Sterling Heights, MI and their headquarters is Auburn Hills, MI
Yeah but the “classic” is still made in Mexico. Despite them moving most production to MI, cheap labor is cheap labor.
But what does that really matter? Most of the historic American companies (Steel, Rubber) are foreign owned, most every American company product is foreign produced. It’s just kinda how it is now with globalization. GM and Ford do the same thing with numerous models.

·
321 Posts
Brake service does not include calipers; clearly you don't even understand a system that basic. Confusing caliper replacement with brake pad and rotor replacement truly shows that you don't understand even the basics of any vehicle. Which is probably why you seem so confused.

No "make-believe scenarios" here, only 2 decades as a professional service technician. Which is how I can say first hand that you're very confused and forgetful.
True, I'm not a mechanic. I never purported to be one. I don't need to create a fake scenario where I know everything. That still doesn't change how the vehicle history I cited was completely accurate and how you've acted like a child since because you can't accept that you're wrong. Which was verified by yet another person with similar experience with their vehicles. Move on and learn from your mistakes.

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
220 Posts
RAM is an entirely American controlled brand; they're built in Sterling Heights, MI and their headquarters is Auburn Hills, MI.
And did you mean controlled or built? Cause FCA still controls it.

According to numerous articles about this guy it really looks like FCA still calls the shots. Perhaps they let RAM make decisions for themselves, but I wouldn’t say American controlled. They still answer to FIAT. And that’s ok. They got bought, it happens.

·
Banned
79 Posts
Yeah but the “classic” is still made in Mexico. Despite them moving most production to MI, cheap labor is cheap labor.
But what does that really matter? Most of the historic American companies (Steel, Rubber) are foreign owned, most every American company product is foreign produced. It’s just kinda how it is now with globalization. GM and Ford do the same thing with numerous models.
And the "classic" is being discontinued. What is your point?

Nissan is #1 in Mexican production. Cheap labor, as you say.

"The addition of an incremental production site in Aguascalientes will prepare Nissan to produce more than one million units annually in Mexico in the midterm. Today, Nissan operates two manufacturing facilities in Mexico – one 85 km south of Mexico City in Cuernavaca that produces small cars and light commercial and pickup truck models, and a second in Aguascalientes that produces small cars for the domestic, U.S. and Latin American markets. In 2011, Nissan set a domestic production record with more than 600,000 vehicles manufactured at its Mexican plants."

1591227665839.png

·
616 Posts
Should have gone with one of these:

:eek:

Reactions: Heavy Hauler

·
Banned
79 Posts
Just what I said? Every manufacturer is making something outside their own countries and it’s ok? Lol, I didn’t say anything about Nissan cause I could care less. 2011? XD came out in 2016.
Since 2011, Nissan, Honda, and Toyota have invested more in Mexico than any other manufacturers to assemble their products. Although Nissan still leads in Mexican production, Toyota is now going to build the Tacoma exclusively in Baja, Mexico.

That data chart I posted was compiled in 2015; Ford has since moved Medium Duty (F-650/750) truck production back to the US (Ohio), RAM spent over $1 Billion to bring 1500 production back to Warren, MI and GM has spent hundreds of millions to bring Silverado/Sierra back to Flint, MI and Fort Wayne, IN.

If you don't care about Nissan, why the comments?

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
220 Posts
I've had bunch of nissans and ford f150, (though I usually change cars/trucks after 150K miles of service), I've never had single issue except for a flat tire. If you maintain your vehicle right (and a little luck I guess), it is possible.
Only issue I’ve ever had was in my Ram. AC went out.Thats the most major thing I’ve ever had go wrong.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts