Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but NOT my XD!!!

We traded the wifes 2017 Pathfinder Platinum Friday for a Jeep...and I'll have to say I'm giddy with the decision. We went with a Grand Cherokee Limited X with the Hemi and all the packages. It's obviously a different animal but it's pretty cool. Ride and power are amazing and the interior is very well laid out. Highway mileage for about 140 miles at 80 mph was in the 21-22 range. Hard to complain about that. Gotta tint the front and get the ceramic done and I'll be a happy camper.

·
125 Posts
New GC is nice. If it had a 3rd row seat, it would have been a contender for us.

·
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The third row was something we wanted rid of! My wife always got stuck driving because the Pathfinder had it. Now we have a good excuse. It's definitely smaller in the back seat that the Pathfinder but we are on the downhill side of raising kids. 75% of them are driving with only one under 16. Wanted something cooler and the Jeep is definitely that. As long as it holds up I'll be happy.

·
35 Posts
Beautiful, and huge upgrade from a Pathfinder! GC is the most awarded SUV in history and for good reason. Also one of the last RWD based midsize SUVs available, with the exception of the new Explorer. My WK Grand Cherokee Hemi just rolled 214,000 miles, it's been an amazing truck.

·
41 Posts
My wife has a 2013 pathfinder. I’d love to get rid of it but she seems pretty attached to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
131 Posts
GC is the most awarded SUV in history and for good reason.
Just a reminder, or FYI, most of those awards are considered “bought” by consumer agencies. JD Power included. Those firms charge thousands for those awards. And more for companies to use them in ads.

I would stick to loving your GC cause you love it, not cause Jeep paid for others to tell you you should

·
35 Posts
Just a reminder, or FYI, most of those awards are considered “bought” by consumer agencies. JD Power included. Those firms charge thousands for those awards. And more for companies to use them in ads.

I would stick to loving your GC cause you love it, not cause Jeep paid for others to tell you you should
Just a "reminder" or "FYI"...Jeep doesn't, and hasn't, paid me shit. The Jeep GC is the most awarded SUV industry wide, bar none. It's not from a single publication; and it's not "bought" by "consumer agencies". Unless you consider thousands of independent reviews to be "bought". In other words, you have no argument.

The Pathfinder is an abomination, just like the majority of Nissan's products. It's always dead last in ever comparison, regardless of price point. Maybe we should call Carlos Goshn and ask how the company is doing? Oh, NVM lol.

As far as JD power, it's honestly comical that you think they charge "thousands for rewards". You have no clue about the auto industry; that much is obvious. JD Power is an independent firm that compiles data on the auto industry as a whole; all manufacturers pay for that data and use it to analyze their quality (i.e) PP/100 for long and short term ownsership. And yes, that even inclides NISSAN lol.

Funny how quick everyone is to trash J.D Power, yet your manufacturer of choice is paying that firm for their data. Who is biased now?

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
131 Posts
I didn’t say they paid you. If I “obviously have no clue about the auto industry”, you obviously don’t understand the English language. I didn’t trash anyone. I simply pointed it out. I didn’t even say anything about the Jeep GC. Take it easy.
Funny how fast you get defensive and rude over information that is readily available.
I am always highly suspect of anything that cost money to say it was good. If anything, that’s the most helpful part of forums like these. Personal experiences not paid information. You get fan girls and haters, but everyone invested in the vehicle.

·
301 Posts
The Pathfinder is an abomination, just like the majority of Nissan's products. It's always dead last in ever comparison, regardless of price point.
After 13 years it was a sad day when we traded in our Pathfinder. It was a phenomenal vehicle. The boss wanted a Murano but we would have gladly bought another Pathfinder after test driving it and talking to friends who have newer versions. We average about 12 years for our Nissans over the past 30 years (B210, Sentra, Pathfinder, Titan gen 1) and we're now 5 years into our Murano and 3 years into our XD. And in all of those years not one single issue with any of them. Not one.

Yet those we know with a Jeep complain constantly about something that needs to be fixed.

I'll take actual experience over "awards" every single time.

·
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We’ve had 2 pathfinders. The latest being a 2017 platinum. Both were great vehicles. I (we) just wanted something different and the Jeep was the best fit. Had ZERO complaints with either of the pathfinders.

·
35 Posts
After 13 years it was a sad day when we traded in our Pathfinder. It was a phenomenal vehicle. The boss wanted a Murano but we would have gladly bought another Pathfinder after test driving it and talking to friends who have newer versions. We average about 12 years for our Nissans over the past 30 years (B210, Sentra, Pathfinder, Titan gen 1) and we're now 5 years into our Murano and 3 years into our XD. And in all of those years not one single issue with any of them. Not one.

Yet those we know with a Jeep complain constantly about something that needs to be fixed.

I'll take actual experience over "awards" every single time.
Not a single issue with any vehicle over 30 years? You realize that is impossible with any vehicle, regardless of brand right? No need to lie.

Claiming "those you know" have problems with their Jeeps is entirely anecdotal evidence, and frankly ridiculous.

·
35 Posts
I didn’t say they paid you. If I “obviously have no clue about the auto industry”, you obviously don’t understand the English language. I didn’t trash anyone. I simply pointed it out. I didn’t even say anything about the Jeep GC. Take it easy.
Funny how fast you get defensive and rude over information that is readily available.
I am always highly suspect of anything that cost money to say it was good. If anything, that’s the most helpful part of forums like these. Personal experiences not paid information. You get fan girls and haters, but everyone invested in the vehicle.
That article is not published by Consumer Reports:

Editor's Note: This article originally appeared on Consumerist

Consumerist is an opinion based website that was decommissioned in 2017. Very little of that article is factual. They were associated with CR, which is why they slander every other source of data and reviews. CR's data isn't even statistically significant, rendering it essentially useless.

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
131 Posts
As useless as a guy’s opinion on a forum? Basically any opinion is wrong against yours. You don’t like published data. You don’t like anecdotal evidence. Other than yours. Right on.

·
301 Posts
Not a single issue with any vehicle over 30 years? You realize that is impossible with any vehicle, regardless of brand right? No need to lie.

Claiming "those you know" have problems with their Jeeps is entirely anecdotal evidence, and frankly ridiculous.
It's not impossible because it's what has happened. Not believing it to satisfy your bias is your problem, not mine.

Same for our friends with Jeeps. Not believing it is your problem, not mine.

And just because you don't like how someone's experience doesn't align with your opinion, your "lie" comment reflects poorly upon you, not me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts