Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well finally got to lay eyes on a blue PR tonight. It was pretty nice. Seats were a little more comfortable than my trucks. Doors shut pretty solid and truck seemed to be put together well. One weird thing was they had duct tape wrapped around one of the metal arms that held the passenger head rest up? Like someone got tired of it rattling and taped it down.
Really wish they would have let us drive it!
Overall I would say astetically it was nice. The interior was on par with my King Ranch. Some things I liked better (seats) and some worse (size of radio display). The XD rep that was there said I could expect the Pro 4Xs to get there around March. The PRs should be rolling in mid to late Jan. Said the PR that I was looking at was somewhere between 60-62K. Didn't take too many pictures. Lighting wasn't that good for pics!

Attachments

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I asked. I guess the truck wasn't staying there either. It's like a traveling unicorn I guess.

·
40 Posts
Same here, I was finally able to see one, same color as well blue PR trim. This was a pre-production model though, not a pro-type.

My impressions are similar, seats super comfortable and leather in the PR was really soft, similar to a lamb skin leather. I might question the durability of this type of leather. I was disappointed in the screen size 7 inch, with round view monitoring (4 pictures) in half of the window the resolution was really poor. This could of been related to the indoor lighting. I was also disappointed in the rear sliding window, I wish they would have carried over the existing sliding down window, much nicer, about 2 to 3 X's the size of the one in the XD. The covers for the gooseneck openings in the bed looked cheap. I can see breaking these quickly if you hit it loading lumber or pulling out top soil or stone with a shovel if you use your truck for these types of things which I do.

The sales manager I talked with thought the PR I was looking at would be around $70k and the PRO 4X around $60 to $65k. I was sticker shocked when he said this and the rumors from this site and media outlets seem to be lower than what he indicated. I'm told Nissan is releasing the pricing on December 23rd. The dealership I was at was getting one in the last week of December, he didn't know which trim it would be as Nissan isn't giving the dealerships the options the first 3 months. The gas V8 XD would be coming in around end of February. The non XD, around June to July.

I asked about interest in the truck, this intro event I was at had about 15 people come and go through out the day. A few of the other dealership supposedly had no one show up!

I also talked at length with the XD rep who was onsite. Fuel efficiency, he said he's seeing around 16.5 mpg combined and has seen as high as 20 mpg on the highway. He did add the transmission programming wasn't quite right, he thought once this was programmed correctly he thought potentially 25 mpg highway. Seems like a big jump! DEF fluid, he was using about 4 gallon DEF per 5 tanks of gas, DEF he said was about $5/gallon. This is new to me as I have not owned a diesel, but he said DEF doesn't have a real long shelf life so you can't stock pile it. If anyone has anymore details on the DEF fluid I'd be curious to know what the shelf life is? I asked about the Gas V8, specifically about the towing #'s, he said the tow #'s would be around 11k, I took this to mean about 1k less for the comparable diesels based on trim and drive train. One more question about towing, I have a bumper pull so I asked if the max #'s where specific to integrated gooseneck or bumper pull trailers. I didn't get a good answer from this question but took his response to mean bumper pool was limited to 10k. If anyone can verify this, I'll be asking more once the truck is available. I'm probably going to wait to test drive when the gasser is available to do some comparisons in February.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Gabby are you in Canada like me?
As those pricing numbers you mention appear to be in line with canadian expected pricing?

·
363 Posts
That sales manager might play the short-term game of holding out for the highest bidder otherwise Nissan will play discounts games just like all the manufacturers. They all jack up MRSP for attention getting discounts. In the end, it all depends on customer demand, how many pickups Nissan builds, and XD marketshare goal.

·
51 Posts
No, I'm in the U.S.
What?? You need to switch dealerships then because those prices are not even remotely realistic. I wonder if he's trying to sticker shock you and then when the actual price comes out, he's going to come at you with, "Well, good news! The pricing is lower than expected!" so it will sound like a much better deal when you hear the real price. As I am talking to my dealer about the LS I am looking at purchasing, he is telling me a price of $55k. As far as the def is concerned, by the gallon it's AT LEAST $5.00/gallon. Usually more like 7-8. Also love that XD rep stating that the transmission programming is off? If that's the case, they must be off on every truck that's come out of the factory so far. This is not inspiring confidence to hear this load of manure.

·
40 Posts
What?? You need to switch dealerships then because those prices are not even remotely realistic. I wonder if he's trying to sticker shock you and then when the actual price comes out, he's going to come at you with, "Well, good news! The pricing is lower than expected!" so it will sound like a much better deal when you hear the real price. As I am talking to my dealer about the LS I am looking at purchasing, he is telling me a price of $55k. As far as the def is concerned, by the gallon it's AT LEAST $5.00/gallon. Usually more like 7-8. Also love that XD rep stating that the transmission programming is off? If that's the case, they must be off on every truck that's come out of the factory so far. This is not inspiring confidence to hear this load of manure.
Fortunately for me I have at least 8 dealerships within 50 miles, I'm in Pittsburgh. I questioned if he really knew the price too that seemed really high. I will be comparing quite a bit with the gas when it's available. One more question I asked was about the non XD for anyone that cares. He was being told the max tow for that one would be between 9.5 to 10k.

The DEF fluid $5 price was through online purchase through Amazon I just did a quick good search, looks like 2.5 gallons (in my area) at Auto Zone is $12.99 for 2.5 gallons, but I see if varies quite a bit.

·
492 Posts
Fortunately for me I have at least 8 dealerships within 50 miles, I'm in Pittsburgh. I questioned if he really knew the price too that seemed really high. I will be comparing quite a bit with the gas when it's available. One more question I asked was about the non XD for anyone that cares. He was being told the max tow for that one would be between 9.5 to 10k.

The DEF fluid $5 price was through online purchase through Amazon I just did a quick good search, looks like 2.5 gallons (in my area) at Auto Zone is $12.99 for 2.5 gallons, but I see if varies quite a bit.
DEF fluid is available at the pump at many locations. Prices are generally 50-60% of jug prices. $2.59.9 to $3.29.9/gal as of today.
Just do a "DEF at the pump" search.
Also, expect to use 1-3% DEF to fuel ratio.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I noticed that about the leather. Very soft, hope it lasts but I could see it scratching/ripping pretty easy if it gets caught on something.

·
2 Posts
That's some crazy high consumption for DEF. For comparison, a Duramax will generally do around 5,000 miles between DEF fill-ups. If you're averaging around 17MPG (I get about 13 in the city, but 20+ on the highway and my 25-mile record was 32MPG headed in to Albuquerque), that's about 300 gallons of fuel. So about 1.5% DEF per gallon of fuel. Which seems about average if not slightly worse than.

The XD rep is saying he's seeing almost 3X the usage! 4 gallons of DEF for just over 100 gallons of fuel. That seems like a pain in the butt (I haven't noticed DEF at regular fuel stations, only bigger truck stops). I guess if you do a lot of driving on the interstate you're bound to pass by a truck stop frequently enough that you probably won't have to go out of your way. Or if you shop at Walmart regularly maybe?

Given my experience with Nissan service centers, I'd really want to avoid a 1hr+ "scheduled" visit just to top off the DEF.

·
51 Posts
DEF fluid is available at the pump at many locations. Prices are generally 50-60% of jug prices. $2.59.9 to $3.29.9/gal as of today.
Just do a "DEF at the pump" search.
Also, expect to use 1-3% DEF to fuel ratio.
Unfortunately, the closest def at the pump for me is 3 hours away because I live so remotely. All of these things will definitely have an influence on my decision about this truck but I will need to have a new truck before the end of April so my choices look like they are going to be limited.

·
857 Posts
Unfortunately, the closest def at the pump for me is 3 hours away because I live so remotely. All of these things will definitely have an influence on my decision about this truck but I will need to have a new truck before the end of April so my choices look like they are going to be limited.
That sucks, it's one of the reasons why I like living within range of the city. Keep us posted on what you end up doing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts