Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there’s a way to update the nav system? I find that a lot of places I go my gps can’t find it. Probably the most annoying thing about my truck is that.

·
351 Posts
You can update it by purchasing a new SD card with updated maps. What year is your truck?

·
351 Posts
Pull the SD card. See what part number is on it. My 2018 came with a 25920-9HT0B card which was replaced with a 25920-9HT0C card when I purchased an updated card. I have not seen a card newer than that as of yet. *

For what it's worth, even with this updated card, it can't find places that have been in existence for years. The most recent example was my local Tractor Supply. The place has been open for at least a decade but it doesn't exist according to my navigation.

* - The cards in the link above post which which was posted as I was typing this may be newer. I'll have to dig into that.

·
1,097 Posts
I asked my dealer if they offer a discount for customers to get a new SD card- service manager walked over to sales side of the dealership and came back with one in a little baggy and said have a nice day!

This was last year, but maybe they will do it again.

You could always test drive a new Nissan vehicle and pop the SD card out LOL

·
2020 Titan XD Plat. Res.
16 Posts
You could always test drive a new Nissan vehicle and pop the SD card out LOL
The 2020+ don't use the SD card. The maps (by regions) are updated on demand via the truck's WiFi Connection to some Nissan or affiliate server. I have a 2020 and so far have found no updates for Texas and surrounding states.

·
104 Posts
My 2019 doesn't use the SD card either... it's a one year head unit it seems. Mine says it can update over WiFi but has yet to do so.

·
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok see I’m dumb when it comes to these things. Where is the sd card located?

·
351 Posts
Ok see I’m dumb when it comes to these things. Where is the sd card located?
Behind that little plastic rectangle on the right up top above the time (where it says 12:53) on the display.

·
309 Posts
Pull the SD card. See what part number is on it. My 2018 came with a 25920-9HT0B card which was replaced with a 25920-9HT0C card when I purchased an updated card. I have not seen a card newer than that as of yet. *

For what it's worth, even with this updated card, it can't find places that have been in existence for years. The most recent example was my local Tractor Supply. The place has been open for at least a decade but it doesn't exist according to my navigation.

* - The cards in the link above post which which was posted as I was typing this may be newer. I'll have to dig into that.
I have a 2018 model like the TS. I was going to say even when I first purchase the truck new, GPS cant find a lot of things and not sure any update would help I think Nissan just have a bad navigation software.

·
351 Posts
I have a 2018 model like the TS. I was going to say even when I first purchase the truck new, GPS cant find a lot of things and not sure any update would help I think Nissan just have a bad navigation software.
I read somewhere it's because of their map provider.

I use Waze most of the time and only upgraded my SD card because I found a good deal on it at the time. I actually sold my old SD card on eBay for almost what the new card cost me.

·
163 Posts
New GPS cards from Nissan are $150, but every year I get an email to update to the current year for $99. Limited time offer. I declined this year.

·
188 Posts
It's really pointless for anyone with a smartphone to even worry about it. As much as I loathe anything to do with Google, at least Google Maps is kept very current. I used my truck's GPS once. It didn't even know the neighborhood I live in existed. Granted, my neighborhood is only a few years old, though. I have a suspicion that even if I were to spend money to get an updated SD card, it still won't even show my neighborhood. Pay money every year for an outdated map? Or swallow my loathing for Google and use Maps on my phone for free? We all know which one my cheap ass will choose!

But it's not just Nissan. We got an updated card for my wife's Lexus a couple years ago. That one sucks eggs too and takes us on routes that make no sense at all sometimes.

·
450 Posts
A big "thank you!" for this thread as, after almost 4 years wiht my XD I had no idea that slot was there until I saw this thread.

True story - A few years back visitors from the lower-48 were on one of our long distance ferries (great vacation idea, btw). As they drove off the ferry in Whittier they turned on their GPS to get to Anchorage (why, I don't know as there's only one road between Whittier and Anchorage) which told them to take an immediate left and then another immediate left... which took them straight down the boat launch ramp and into the water.

·
6 Posts
Does anyone know if there’s a way to update the nav system? I find that a lot of places I go my gps can’t find it. Probably the most annoying thing about my truck is that.
get a new sd card the dealerships hav them but you can get them online

·
351 Posts
Just double check and make sure its the right one for your model
From the listing description:

2020-2021 Nissan Connect 2 Europe V5 Navigation Map SD Card

Latest sat nav map update for Nissan Connect 2 units

The SD card inserting in TOP right corner (without cover)

Part Number: T1000-27890, KE288-LCN2EV5

Coverage:
Germany, Belgium, France, Portugal, United Kingdom, Ireland, Spain, Poland, Italy, Sweden, Austria, Bulgaria, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Turkey.

Supported languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish

COMPATIBILITY:
E-NV200 (from 2014)
NOTE (2013 > 2014)
JUKE (2013 > 2014)
LEAF (from 2013)
MICRA (from 2013)
Enjoy the most accurate driving instructions while driving in Europe.

Improve the performance of your Nissan CONNECT 2 navigation system with this Nissan Sat Nav map update, covering 10,347,479 kilometers of road in Europe.

Benefit from updated road data including new motorway junctions, trunk roads and roundabouts as well as adjusted speed limits and turn restrictions. These features are considered by your Nissan navigation system to ensure accurate route planning according to your preferences.

The latest POI database will enhance your navigation driving experience. In this Nissan map update 2,530,954 Points Of Interest are covered. These include petrol stations, airports, restaurants and parking facilities.

Previous versions:
2012/2013 - 25920 1KA0A
2013/2014 - 25920 1KA0B
2014/2015 - 25920 1KA0C
2015/2016 - 25920 1KA0D
2016/2017 - KE288-LCN2E15
2017-2018 - KE288-LCN2EV2

Reactions: realbored
1 - 20 of 29 Posts