Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my Xd platinum is one day old, has 360 miles on it and it left me stranded in the parking lot with coolant puking out from under the engine

Hopefully it's nothing more than a water pump issue or failed gasket.

·
224 Posts
Sorry about getting stranded. None of us wants to read that. Let us know what the cause turns out to be; Cummins ships all those engines straight out of hot test to Canton for installation in the chassis, so if its a failure on the engine rather than a hose or radiator, they will want to know it for sure.

MB

·
904 Posts
First time we have heard of any problem like this. Keep us in the loop. Hopefully just a loose radiator hose clamp. Good luck!

·
1,300 Posts
Ya that sucks. Sounds like a failed hose or clamp. Keep us posted. Also I do remember when I bought mine they did tighten up 4 or 5 clamps a couple on the intake and a couple on the cooling system, possible yours got over looked.

·
Banned
369 Posts
Sorry to hear that. It sucks the excitement out of you when these things happen. Hopefully you do not have any other problems with it.
Here is what a friend of mine did before buying his XD; and I wish I would've done the same, although my truck has no issues so far beside the alignment. He convinced his dealership to lease the XD to him for one day (Dealer's hour of operation only). He clocked 125 miles and took it off road, let idle, high speed drive, and towing before buying it. I think this should be the practice when purchasing especially expensive trucks.

·
262 Posts
Sorry to hear that. It sucks the excitement out of you when these things happen. Hopefully you do not have any other problems with it.
Here is what a friend of mine did before buying his XD; and I wish I would've done the same, although my truck has no issues so far beside the alignment. He convinced his dealership to lease the XD to him for one day (Dealer's hour of operation only). He clocked 125 miles and took it off road, let idle, high speed drive, and towing before buying it. I think this should be the practice when purchasing especially expensive trucks.
...especially when buying first model year expensive trucks!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Guess I have a better relationship with my dealer. I took mine for as long of drive as needed, I was told put some miles on it.

·
Banned
369 Posts
That too should be the standard practice: Drive as long as you want until you're completely satisfied with everything. My test drive was about 45 mins with a sale's person constantly destructing and advertising the truck to me.

·
78 Posts
Same here in Alberta atc.. my dealer gave me the diesel model for the day to tow my work trailer around and check it out..
and when the 1/2 ton finally arrives i will take all three for a good run before I finally make my choice

·
348 Posts
My dealer told me to "borrow" the truck for as long as I wanted, felt bad cause I picked up early on a Friday and returned to do paperwork on following Wednesday. Then he told me some people go for weeks, then come in to change vehicles for another model or one with different options and keep that one for a week or more. Had I known that, I'd still be tring to decide which truck I wanted to buy and save a month or two of payments while driving a new vehicle.

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was a "weak" lower hose clamp. They went through all clamps and did a pressure test on the cooling system.

They also did an ECU update that was on a recall notice. They said there was also a recall on the dome light, but they didn't have the parts in yet.

Don't know what that's all about.

·
9 Posts
Did you get the dome light fixed? Which one was it, front or rear? I had to play with the rear dome light switch to get the light to come on.

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They didn't fix it s they did not have the repair parts from Nissan yet? I don't know which light it is.

·
4 Posts
I did something similar, my dealer let me have my Pro-4x Friday-Monday, I towed my 10k food trailer and my 28ft travel trailer and put around 250 miles on the truck. I used the 4x4 system a couple of times, as I had to take my food trailer to a park that was very muddy from rain. It was a really good test drive to convince me to get the Titan XD over the other 3/4 ton trucks I had driven. As to the OPs issue, hope they got you taken care of and it was something simple like a hose.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts