Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping Nissan offers an XD Pro-4X in Gun Metallic as a solid color. Any Titan Owners had experience with this color? How does it seem to hold up?

·
772 Posts
like the dark grey? I believe nissan calls it smoke for the current titan. Most i've seen seem fine. the red titans seem to have the worse clear coat. But most titans have crappy paint that if not taken care of will peel and bubble. I wax, wash, and have clay bar'd the truck a few times and the roof rain gutters are both starting to peel, its bare metal in a couple spots. Just ridiculous.

·
608 Posts
Is the red the orangish color that we have seen? Or is it a red red?

That dark grey type color looks good on almost everything.

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GapSupply, now that's the XD I'd want!! That's very close to the color of my current F-150 EcoBoost. Color never, well almost never, shows dirt. Yep, that XD in Pro-4X or SL would do :)

Attachments

·
772 Posts
Is the red the orangish color that we have seen? Or is it a red red?

That dark grey type color looks good on almost everything.
i was referring to the actual red. I'm sure the paint is gonna be a better quality on the new titans though so i doubt its gonna be an issue.

Is this Smoke?
Now thats a nice rendering. you see the pics that ICON put up on Facebook? they had the XD in the sema garage with a bunch of companies getting it put together.

·
158 Posts
I found that image in a Google search.

·
3 Posts
I think this color looks awesome in the car.
I am thinking of buying Nissan car in the upcoming days. Can anyone suggest me which model I should go for and also in which color?
Thanks in advance.

·
50 Posts
Now that's exactly what I wanted to see, which I have to say is just about one of the best renderings of a customized Titan, the rest i've seen look more cartoonish

Excited to see how owners will customize their Titans.
Anyone know what exact RIMs those are?

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Hoping Nissan offers an XD Pro-4X in Gun Metallic as a solid color. Any Titan Owners had experience with this color? How does it seem to hold up?

Very disappointed in Nissan paint. In the last 10 years between my wife and I, we have owned 2 Tundra's, a Honda Pilot, and a Rav-4. 1 silver, 3 gun metal metalic (dark gray). Nissan paint is by far inferior to Toyota and Honda. I feel like if you breathe too hard next to my Titan several small scratches appear.

·
903 Posts
The day you buy your truck It needs to have a good sealant put on it. I buffed mine and put on Jet Seal. Ever since (knock on wood) no scratches. Before that all I had to do was look at my truck and it got scratched. The paint is very soft. There is a thread where owners have discussed this and what products I used when I detailed mine

http://www.titanxdforum.com/#/forumsite/20813/topics/11561?page=1

Found the link

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
The day you buy your truck It needs to have a good sealant put on it. I buffed mine and put on Jet Seal. Ever since (knock on wood) no scratches. Before that all I had to do was look at my truck and it got scratched. The paint is very soft. There is a thread where owners have discussed this and what products I used when I detailed mine

http://www.titanxdforum.com/#/forumsite/20813/topics/11561?page=1

Found the link
Didn't look at your link yet, But did read some early stuff. Put 2 coates of Klasse paint sealer on truck. still scratching. :frown2:

·
88 Posts
I was wondering if those were the actual color because it's so close to the color of mine but a little darker. I took some nice looking pics under my awning light and a couple right after detailing it.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts