Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum thing but I'm looking for help. I bought a brand new Titan XD platinum reserve a little over 2 weeks ago and my check engine light has already been on twice which has put me back at the dealership twice. While my first run through a drive thru car wash the driver side door leaked in water from the top and while wiping it down I noticed that the rubber trim around the windshield had starting coming up away from the glass. I'm scheduled to get it back into the dealer next week, but I'm wondering if any other owners have experienced any issues at all. First trip to the dealership, I never got a direct answer about what it was causing the light to come on. There was a vague explanation about the DEF sensor malfunctioning. Then the light came back on the next day. Yesterday the DEF gauge showed it being low so I refilled it and now it shows full so I don't see it not working.

·
17 Posts
New to this forum thing but I'm looking for help. I bought a brand new Titan XD platinum reserve a little over 2 weeks ago and my check engine light has already been on twice which has put me back at the dealership twice. While my first run through a drive thru car wash the driver side door leaked in water from the top and while wiping it down I noticed that the rubber trim around the windshield had starting coming up away from the glass. I'm scheduled to get it back into the dealer next week, but I'm wondering if any other owners have experienced any issues at all. First trip to the dealership, I never got a direct answer about what it was causing the light to come on. There was a vague explanation about the DEF sensor malfunctioning. Then the light came back on the next day. Yesterday the DEF gauge showed it being low so I refilled it and now it shows full so I don't see it not working.
I hate taking new vehicles to the dealership. Most dealerships are incompetent and will only screw up the truck further than whatever issue you already have.....this does not bode well for your truck.

·
917 Posts
Hard to say what the problem is without knowing the codes, and actually working on your truck. There are more than one sensor on the system. Do you live in a cold weather area where freezing of the fluid might have occurred? Lots of factors. As with any new model there are always problems when they first come out.
But you might not want my opinion, I am just one of those incompetent dealership personal that only wants to screw up your truck more than it already is.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I would question your dealership more. To see what experience they have with diesels and trucks?
As I have ran into alot of nissan dealers aren't use to dealing with the truck side let alone a diesel.
I lucked out when I bought mine not only I got the best deal, but they also have experienced diesel mechanic staff.
I know some first year bugs that are going to happen, will be compounded by lack of dealer experience in alot of areas.
Almost 4000 trouble free km for me so far.

·
405 Posts
Whelp. At 500 miles my check engine had come on and the dealership said intercooler piping was loose and they tightened it up and I went on my way.

This morning the same code appeared and I'm taking it back in.

·
72 Posts
900 miles and flawless
The Nissan guys will have to seriously bone up on diesels or hire new guys I would imagine.
My dealer was 'first diesel we've ever sold', which tells me there mechanics won't know much for some time, training class or not.

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Def

They said it may have something to do with bad DEF fluid. The check engine light surprisingly enough went off today. So that may be true seeing as how the new DEF I put in yesterday may be going through the system now. Just a guess. I love this truck. I work in the oilfield and am on the road a lot. I haul but I don't do heavy hauling. This Platinum Reserve is like driving a Cadillac with a Cummins in it. I was mainly just heart broken to have waited and finally got this pick up and then have a check engine light come on before my first oil change. I traded in a 3/4 ton 6.7 powerstroke for this pick up. I've tied my 20' ski boat behind it and to that truck the boat wasn't even back there.

Is there anywhere i can get that code checker?

·
405 Posts
I bought my code reader at Harbor Freight tools several years ago and it's been very handy with all my vehicles and helped friends and family in the past. I think I paid like $30 for it.

·
405 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts