Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I know a lot of you have shown interest about switching over from the horrible halogen assembly lights on the S and SV models to the Pro4X and Platinum style lights with the LED lights and DRL. I have a guy in Atlanta that is willing to work with us and make a harness that would allow for us to buy the LED assembly off of Ebay or wherever and put them on in place of the halogen assembly. Thus giving us a more updated look and better lighting. How many would be takers for the harness?? (Not holding you to it, just trying to get a idea of interest).I'm guessing it would be in the $100-$200 range but only guessing. I would like to give the guys at Overlit Lights a preliminary number of people interested in this. Also if you have a realistic price point idea for the harness I will pass that along. Be reasonable about it please, $9.95 won't get it. What is it worth to be able to easily put the new light assembly in and just plug and play to you?

Thanks

Mitch

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Mitch,
There are so many options in the retrofit world. I hope anyone looking to do this will take some time and look them all over.
Any feature on modern headlights can be replicated in our Titan XD fixtures, Acura, Audi, Bentley etc. can all supply motivation for our modifications.
The led headlights in Nissan's more complicated Titan XD's are canbuss controlled. The harness you seek will allow the led fixture to work with simpler S or SV controls.
On mine I just wanted simple lighting performance so I stuffed the largest brightest projector I could find in a halogen fixture. Visibility on the darkest roads is amazing.

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
I bought some REALLY BRIGHT LED's that were CANBUS ready. It improved the HIGH BEAMS tremendously. One word of caution about LED's. they are not all created equal, some are taller than others, some have different LED patterns that will produce different lighting patterns. The ones I used have a very broad beam and light EVERYTHING and they are not very focused for distance. The other thing is that they have cooling fans on the back of them and they require a little bit of space behind them. My PR has caps on the back of the light housing that is close to the back of the LED's. There is enough room for cooling the ones I put in but you need to be careful about how much room you have. If you don't put the rubber caps back on the light housing, the housing could fill up with water.

·
1,475 Posts
I bought some REALLY BRIGHT LED's that were CANBUS ready. It improved the HIGH BEAMS tremendously. One word of caution about LED's. they are not all created equal, some are taller than others, some have different LED patterns that will produce different lighting patterns. The ones I used have a very broad beam and light EVERYTHING and they are not very focused for distance. The other thing is that they have cooling fans on the back of them and they require a little bit of space behind them. My PR has caps on the back of the light housing that is close to the back of the LED's. There is enough room for cooling the ones I put in but you need to be careful about how much room you have. If you don't put the rubber caps back on the light housing, the housing could fill up with water.
Why did you replace the OEM led bulbs?

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
options

I could not find very many Titan XD retrofits so the best I could do was f 150.
Just trying to show features that most would not know exist but can be retrofitted into a halogen fixture like the f 150 shown or led.
You are opening the headlight housing for a retro fit so almost anything goes.
Overlit Customs is the custom lighting company Mitch (op) refers to.
https://youtu.be/AR626zRmfIg

·
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I could find a retrofit lens option that someone would be willing to do I'd be all over that. I'm just trying to get better lighting at night.(I'm getting older and the eyes don't do well with the dark at night anymore). I spoke to the The Retrofit company and they had no interest in doing anything. I spoke to another company that wanted $1700 for a retrofit option, that was way over what I was willing to spend. If I could find a good set for $7-800 range I would do that in a minute. I just haven't found anyone but Overlit to date that even wanted to tackle this. I'm open to any suggestions from members or Overlit to help me. But with such a low production number as the Titans have, seems like the interest is not there from most companies(understandable)

·
1,324 Posts
Do you mean the light assembly size and fittings?
I mean does the pr have the same assembly amd design and uses halogen bulbs for low and high beams like other models or are the headlamps leds (not the daytime running lights which i know are leds)?

·
450 Posts
I mean does the pr have the same assembly amd design and uses halogen bulbs for low and high beams like other models or are the headlamps leds (not the daytime running lights which i know are leds)?
The high beam halogen bulb in the PR is the same bulb that can be found across numerous models of cars and trucks, the stock fog lamps on the PR trim are also halogen bulbs. The low beams on the PR are LEDs.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
1,324 Posts
The high beam halogen bulb in the PR is the same bulb that can be found across numerous models of cars and trucks, the stock fog lamps on the PR trim are also halogen bulbs. The low beams on the PR are LEDs.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
That explains why my low beams are so good i dont even bother with hoghs. Thanks.
So do the other models have halogen low beams?

·
59 Posts
Guys,

I know a lot of you have shown interest about switching over from the horrible halogen assembly lights on the S and SV models to the Pro4X and Platinum style lights with the LED lights and DRL. I have a guy in Atlanta that is willing to work with us and make a harness that would allow for us to buy the LED assembly off of Ebay or wherever and put them on in place of the halogen assembly. Thus giving us a more updated look and better lighting. How many would be takers for the harness?? (Not holding you to it, just trying to get a idea of interest).I'm guessing it would be in the $100-$200 range but only guessing. I would like to give the guys at Overlit Lights a preliminary number of people interested in this. Also if you have a realistic price point idea for the harness I will pass that along. Be reasonable about it please, $9.95 won't get it. What is it worth to be able to easily put the new light assembly in and just plug and play to you?

Thanks

Mitch
Mitch,

Any update on this? I'd love to swap my "low grade" Halogen housings with the better quality headlight housings from the PR, Pro-4X, SL, or midnight models.

·
8 Posts
Guys,

Thanks

Mitch
$100-$150 no question. How'd we get it done asap?

·
8 Posts
Guys,

Thanks

Mitch
Mitch, any updates on this? I'm sooo goddam tired of this old ass look and broke ass lighting. How do we get this upgrade/harness going?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts