Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a couple concerns and couldnt seem to find them listed anywhere on here. My first one is with the transmission shifting from gear to gear. It seems to shift pretty hard almost like an allison transmission from around the 05-06 years. I do not know if it just takes time for it to break in or if the programming is messed up. The second thing I had a question about is I filled my tank up twice, the first time I put around 5 gallons in and my miles until empty distance did not reset. I thought maybe I had to put more in the tank to have it reset, so with that said i put 9 gallons in today and it still did not reset. I dont know if other people are also having this problem or not but be curious what people have to say.

Thanks,

Jayden

·
348 Posts
My miles to empty resets, I just have to look real careful to notice, doesn't change much in the gasser.

·
176 Posts
When I only put a few gallons in mine would not reset. I have also figured out it goes by the current fuel mileage not the "realtime" mileage if that makes any sense lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My miles to empty does not reset either.
And I can't get fuel into my tank.

But, at least my transmission shifts fine.
When I only put a few gallons in mine would not reset. I have also figured out it goes by the current fuel mileage not the "realtime" mileage if that makes any sense lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine finally reset, it seems that the tank has to be at least half empty before itll reset. Just thought id let you guys know.

·
18 Posts
TCM reprogram

Just had my TCM reprogrammed and no more flair between 1st and 2nd. Shifts great up through the gears but now downshifting it doesn't shift into 1st gear until you are almost completely stopped. Very annoying especially when you start to accelerate just before stopping it slams down into 1st. Going back to the dealer Tuesday. Anybody else have this issue.

·
430 Posts
Mine finally reset, it seems that the tank has to be at least half empty before itll reset. Just thought id let you guys know.

I had the same issue, and I was a little worried at first until I read your post. I am now waiting until my truck gets to about a 1/4 tank, and then I'll see if it resets.

·
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the same issue, and I was a little worried at first until I read your post. I am now waiting until my truck gets to about a 1/4 tank, and then I'll see if it resets.
Did it end up resetting for you? Mine has to be right around the half mark so i would think that at a quarter it definitely should.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts