Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 XD gasser. Has anyone heard a constant whistle when they are filling up? Especially when it is near full? Mine never seems to be full when the nozzle clicks off. I have a video of it, but I believe it is too large to upload to this site.
Thanks in advance.

·
955 Posts
2018 XD gasser. Has anyone heard a constant whistle when they are filling up? Especially when it is near full? Mine never seems to be full when the nozzle clicks off. I have a video of it, but I believe it is too large to upload to this site.
Thanks in advance.
There is a TSB covering this issue. It requires a new fuel tank.

·
243 Posts
TSB #NTB19-049. Take your truck to the dealer, give them that TSB number and they'll replace some components with updated ones.

Stay frosty

·
3 Posts
My 2019 Pro4x makes this sound. The sound is not a big deal to me but just a little strange, but who wouldn't want a new fuel tank? Thanks for the info!

·
252 Posts
I printed out the TSB and am going to take it over to the dealer on my next service visit.

·
2020 Titan XD Plat. Res.
14 Posts
My 2017 had that whistle, and my 2020 does not. I miss it as I could always tell how near the gas nozzle was from shutting off since the pitch changed as as my gas tank neared full. You're lucky to have the whistle.

BTW the gas nozzle shutting off prematurely was a distinct problem from the whistle on my 2017. Premature shutoff was a known but easy to fix problem. I had the early shutoff problem for a few months when it was new, then that problem vanished.

·
57 Posts
I have a 2016 p4x gasser. Mine whistles just at the end of the fill up. I like it. Let’s me know I’m about full. I’ve never noticed pumps shutting off on me with anything less than a full tank. If you manage to get a work on yours under warranty please let us know!

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called my local dealer and he did say it is under warranty. He believes it is a 5yr / 100,000 mile warranty on the tank, so you better call soon. He told me to stop bye and a tech will listen when I go fill it up. I told him I live 40 minutes away, but I had a video I took when filling up. He stated a tech needs to listen as I fill for warranty work. I said that makes sense, since I could have someone whistling behind me when filling. Lol
The saga continues.

·
243 Posts
I called my local dealer and he did say it is under warranty. He believes it is a 5yr / 100,000 mile warranty on the tank, so you better call soon. He told me to stop bye and a tech will listen when I go fill it up. I told him I live 40 minutes away, but I had a video I took when filling up. He stated a tech needs to listen as I fill for warranty work. I said that makes sense, since I could have someone whistling behind me when filling. Lol
The saga continues.
If it's a known issue, whence the TSB, why would they need to listen? If it's to verify, cool I guess. Burn as much as gas as you can and fill it up with the tech there. They shouldn't push back, if they do, open a case with Nissan.

Stay frosty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts