Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any run into any true haters??!! Normally I only get positive comments and at worst just curiosity. I posted some pics of my XD Ina travel trailer site I am a member of and initially got a lot of positive comments then an all out bashing occurred to the point the admins removed the post! Somewhere along the lines I was responsible for the war because I bought a Nissan.... Geez!!! Also noticed today a lot of people are giving HeavyD crap for his plans to do an XD build. Yes profits go overseas but Nissan provides thousands of jobs and pours money into the US economy.... rant over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Has any run into any true haters??!! Normally I only get positive comments and at worst just curiosity. I posted some pics of my XD Ina travel trailer site I am a member of and initially got a lot of positive comments then an all out bashing occurred to the point the admins removed the post! Somewhere along the lines I was responsible for the war because I bought a Nissan.... Geez!!! Also noticed today a lot of people are giving HeavyD crap for his plans to do an XD build. Yes profits go overseas but Nissan provides thousands of jobs and pours money into the US economy.... rant over

Yes the xd brings lots of controversy. Even on here we had our share of trolls, it was getting more bashed by none never gonna owners. But some have left. We get to better discuss xd related things now.
But I'm pretty sure my understanding one of nissans main focus was to have the most American made truck. But that can also come at premium when others are made much cheaper in Mexico etc... so you can't please them all.

·
712 Posts
Yea, I saw the same on another forum I'm on when I put up a picture of mine.
It went something like.

You should have bought a (insert domestic junk truck here)
It won't haul/tow as much as a 3/4 ton. (duh)

The engine is junk.

On and on.

I'm pretty good at hurting feelings, so I did and have not heard anymore about it.

·
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes the xd brings lots of controversy. Even on here we had our share of trolls, it was getting more bashed by none never gonna owners. But some have left. We get to better discuss xd related things now.

But I'm pretty sure my understanding one of nissans main focus was to have the most American made truck. But that can also come at premium when others are made much cheaper in Mexico etc... so you can't please them all.

I must have joined after most of those argument happened on here, one of the reasons I like this forum! Most discussions are beneficial and informative... I was just really taken back by what had happened. And on a camping site no less lol!!

·
1,300 Posts
Yep Non-Forward thinking Hill Billies are out there defiantly. Some guy came up to me a while back and just started to sh*t on my truck. Said it was junk this and that went on a rant... I let him finish, than i turned to him and replied well at least my truck doesn't have a rusted out front bumper, front u joints that are shot, exhaust manifold gasket leaking, rusted out rear fenders. I could have gone on but I had better things to do. So I drove away let buddy hope in his 13 F250.

Reactions: erinfire703

·
507 Posts
While American car companies moved to Mexico, Japan is moving to America, and it is pretty hard to call US car companies American when they are built elsewhere.
Will the Chinese built GM SUV be an American vehicle??? Of course not.. My Titan though Is built in American with a nice Merican Cummins engiine.
My Frontier was built in Tennessee, My Titan was Built in Mississippi, My Honda Valkyrie built in Ohio...

Trump was right,
Cars were made in Michigan, and you could not drink the water in Mexico, and now cars are made in Mexico, and You can't drink the water in Michigan

·
450 Posts
For the life of me I can't understand how so many people can literally hate this truck having never owned, driven, and most likely seen one. Just what is it that makes every Tom, Dick, and Harry come out of the woodwork to bash it?

You would think they all caught a Titan sleeping with their wives and daughters.........

·
1,300 Posts
I'm a Regen Hater!! I Love Diesels....So when the time comes there will be a 5" Straight Pipe Turbo Back and no EGR and i wont have to have anymore Regens to worrie about... Deletes are built for a reason LOL.

Reactions: jsemsbrg

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
I was on a Camper trailer site when I first got my Titan truck back in 2005. I was told my truck would be trash in a few months after pulling my 8000lbs trailer around. That I would see how bad it really was.

Well, After 11 years and 220,000 miles and sill pulling my 8000lbs trailer around, I know I made the best choice. The other guys, brag about the second new truck they purchased to pull a 6000lbs trailer around HAHA!

I was at the beach ~ 3 months ago and someone came up looked at my setup and said "That truck is not going to last long pulling that rig"...
I smiled and said "Yep, with over 200,000 miles pulling it, I guess its about getting worn out". Then added "The truck still has more power then when it was new" ;)

He did not believe me on the miles, so I showed him and he was shocked ...

·
363 Posts
It was the same thing when the 6.6L dmax came out. Lots of haters with stories about how GM single-handedly destroyed the US diesel market back in the 70's.

It could just be a phase if the 5L XD engine/pickup earns it's stripes outside the current relatively small fanbase. And that takes a lot of sales which doesn't seem to be in the cards for the near term.

·
19 Posts
I was on a Camper trailer site when I first got my Titan truck back in 2005. I was told my truck would be trash in a few months after pulling my 8000lbs trailer around. That I would see how bad it really was.

Well, After 11 years and 220,000 miles and sill pulling my 8000lbs trailer around, I know I made the best choice. The other guys, brag about the second new truck they purchased to pull a 6000lbs trailer around HAHA!

I was at the beach ~ 3 months ago and someone came up looked at my setup and said "That truck is not going to last long pulling that rig"...
I smiled and said "Yep, with over 200,000 miles pulling it, I guess its about getting worn out". Then added "The truck still has more power then when it was new" ;)

He did not believe me on the miles, so I showed him and he was shocked ...

I've been getting the same thing for years. I have been towing a construction trailer around the country the whole time. In the photo below, I am going from Miami to Pittsburgh (hit a MAJOR blizzard on Valentines Day, in route). That trailer weighs every bit of 9.5k lbs. I just towed that same trailer from Greensboro NC to New Jersey a couple days ago. A month ago, I towed it from San Diego CA to St Louis. The amazing part is, I have never had anything done to it, other than rear seals. The rear end - original. The u-joints - original. Transmission - never done a thing. Alternator, water pump, starter, thermostat, power steering - all original. I am only on here to do my homework before getting a new one to replace this truck. I ABSOLUTELY don't need one right now, as you said, the truck has more power now than when it was new! On the way from Michigan to Greensboro to pick up the trailer, I averaged 18.4mpg!! (I honestly believe that the sweet spot in this truck is about 85-90mph). I am still torn between the gasser XD and the diesel.

Attachments

·
494 Posts
No haters for me, only compliments thus far. In fact, I get a lot of head turns and 'thumbs up" in the neighborhood and around town. I took it in last week to a local shop to get the new tires and level kit installed. The shop owner was blown away with the truck, said he loved it. He also said the only thing Ram did right with their trucks was to use a Cummins engine, lol....

1 - 20 of 38 Posts