Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
615 Posts
I know I haven't done a intro post. But I own a Toyota Tundra. Been watching and researching the XD. I love that Nissan has stepped up their game into 3/4 territory. As far as haters if you don't own one the the big 3. The die hard's believe your truck is inferior. Kind of sad. I know it's not a Nissan Titan but my father is 1 year from retirement and wanted a new truck. We talked and talked till finally he agreed to look at the Tundra and Titan. But because I own a Tundra he drove it first and fell in love. He said I wish I had looked at those two trucks years ago. So maybe over time there is hope.

·
154 Posts
for me everywhere i go all i hear are compliments not from just truck guys. from kids to the elderly folk. a lot of head turns and believe it or not almost every "big 3" owner i run into compliments this truck.

but like some have stated i bought this truck for myself like almost any decision i make in life its for me and i don't give others peoples opinions the oppurtunity to bother me.

·
493 Posts
I got 2 more compliments today on my truck. One was from a teenager about 18 years old, walked out of a gas station and said "sweet truck man!". Then there was a welder on a job site today that I was working on - you know the serious blue collar hard working guy that one would think would be a Big 3 kinda guy. Asked me about my truck, said he has seen some of the other ones and didn't care for them but he said my truck looked bada$$ - loved the color, lift, tires, overall look. He didn't know it had a Cummins. I told him about the Cummins engine, the Aisin Tranny (same as a Ram 3500), and all the cool goodies on the truck like my Titan boxes in the bed. He just kept checking it out said he couldn't get over how nice the truck was - was amazed it had a Cummins. Also saw a lot of workers on the job site turning heads, pointing at the truck, giving thumbs up - kind of almost strange actually.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
The funny thing is everyone said it looks like a last gen ford.

But why does it attract alot of people's attention and standout?

Just like the day I brought it home always getting pointed at when driving. Mostly all positive accept ram/cummins owners.

I think you will see more on an onslaught of advertising as the regular titan gets released. Less people will be confused with a Cummins in a nissan.

·
173 Posts
I have only had mine a couple of weeks but have had nothing but good comments on it. My neighbor walked by my house the other day and said her son really liked my new truck. He drives a F250. My regional manager came by work yesterday and he just had to go look at my truck. He loved it and couldn't get over how nice it was. In fact he got a card from me for the salesman I bought mine from and said he was going to go check them out at the dealership.

·
111 Posts
Another thing that I love but other drivers hate is the lights. They light the road like none other- but if I don't point the headlights down a notch or two I get flashed by about one in every five drivers. I followed my dad at night once and he said "they're obnoxious".

·
968 Posts
The funny thing is everyone said it looks like a last gen ford.

But why does it attract alot of people's attention and standout?

Just like the day I brought it home always getting pointed at when driving. Mostly all positive accept ram/cummins owners.

I think you will see more on an onslaught of advertising as the regular titan gets released. Less people will be confused with a Cummins in a nissan.
The regular half tons have started arriving at the dealers. Only crew cab short boxes right now. You would think they would start to advertise but I'm not to sure anymore........lol.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
The regular half tons have started arriving at the dealers. Only crew cab short boxes right now. You would think they would start to advertise but I'm not to sure anymore........lol.
They will
There's another thread with all the new commercials
Besides with price of the xd diesels right now no point buying regular titan until they clear some

·
56 Posts
The regular half tons have started arriving at the dealers. Only crew cab short boxes right now. You would think they would start to advertise but I'm not to sure anymore........lol.[/QUOTE]

I saw 3 commercials this past Monday night football. First time ever seeing a commercial.

·
15 Posts
I have yet to have any haters comment on the XD. I have had at least 10-15 people ask me about it in the past 2-3 weks. All of which were in one of the big 3. Almost all of them has great things to say and ask about it. A few asked to see inside and couldn't believe how much Nissan has stepped their game up.

Haters, hate on. I'll pull over and help you when your big 3 is dead on the side of the road.....

·
712 Posts
The local dealer here is beside themselves because Nissan wouldn't advertise the XD.
They rented a billboard themselves a few months ago, but had gotten no support from the factory on advertising.

The sales manager also said that they released the models backwards.
Should have been base model Titan first, then the XD later with the PR last.

Said too many guys would come on the lot when they only had the Platinum Reserve models, look at $65K on the window sticker and leave.

Most expensive vehicle on the lot, here it's a **** narrow market share for $55-65K trucks.

·
16 Posts
The local dealer here is beside themselves because Nissan wouldn't advertise the XD.
They rented a billboard themselves a few months ago, but had gotten no support from the factory on advertising.

Said too many guys would come on the lot when they only had the Platinum Reserve models, look at $65K on the window sticker and leave.

Most expensive vehicle on the lot, here it's a **** narrow market share for $55-65K trucks.

I guess none of you watched the College football national championship this past year, Nissan aired a Titan XD commercial then. I've also started to see Titan and Titan XD commercials on the CMT channel.

As odd as it may seem, all truck manufacturers release the high end trucks first since they have the highest profit margins, plus there's a lot of demand for high end trucks in other states.

·
658 Posts
I guess none of you watched the College football national championship this past year, Nissan aired a Titan XD commercial then. I've also started to see Titan and Titan XD commercials on the CMT channel.

As odd as it may seem, all truck manufacturers release the high end trucks first since they have the highest profit margins, plus there's a lot of demand for high end trucks in other states.
I watched the game and saw the commercial, but I was more interested in the game. Roll Tide!!! :grin2:

·
154 Posts

That is so True the prices when they first rolled out were crazy they had a SV 4x2 for 70K+ USD!!! for the first one at my dealer. we went to look saw price and walked away lol.

side note someone did pay asking price for that truck

·
1 Posts
I was on a Camper trailer site when I first got my Titan truck back in 2005. I was told my truck would be trash in a few months after pulling my 8000lbs trailer around. That I would see how bad it really was.

Well, After 11 years and 220,000 miles and sill pulling my 8000lbs trailer around, I know I made the best choice. The other guys, brag about the second new truck they purchased to pull a 6000lbs trailer around HAHA!

I was at the beach ~ 3 months ago and someone came up looked at my setup and said "That truck is not going to last long pulling that rig"...
I smiled and said "Yep, with over 200,000 miles pulling it, I guess its about getting worn out". Then added "The truck still has more power then when it was new" ;)

He did not believe me on the miles, so I showed him and he was shocked ...
Dude, I pull an 8000 pound RV all the time with my 2005 Titan and it still drives like a new truck! Ill be buying an XD next! Nissan makes a hell of a truck!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts