Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my neighbor across the street came over and told me I had a headlight on...the truck was parked and not running. I checked and he was right, the passenger low beam was on. I turned the switch on the dash a couple of times and the light still stayed on. I started the truck, there were no warnings and while the truck was running, both low beams were on. I turned on the high beams and they both worked.
I shut the truck off and the passenger side low beam stayed on.
I drove to my local dealer and the service guy played with things for about a half hour and couldn't figure out what was wrong. So, because it was about closing time and I needed the truck for the weekend, he just pulled the fuse for the passenger side low beam and sent me on my way with an appointment for this morning.

Can't wait to hear what is wrong....

·
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So they are not going to troubleshoot the issue? I am guessing you don't have an extended warranty?
They said the trouble was in the headlight module which is sold as one unit, including the motor for the low beam and that is why it is so expensive. I asked if they could just fix the problem w/o replacing the whole assembly and i was told that was not possible.
I'll take it out when i get it home and see if i can isolate the problem and fix it. No one wants to fix anything anymore, they just want to replace it.....

·
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I picked up my truck and decided I would wait until I found a good deal on Ebay and then replace the module. While at the dealership, the tech that worked on my truck spoke with me. He gave me the wiring diagram and showed me which wire I should cut to put a switch in to control the passenger side headlight.... Remember, the low beam is always on, so a switch would allow me to shut it off.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Man, that is a bummer. Guess you are over 36k for warranty. I'm not much of an electrician but there has to be a way to add a relay from the "good" light control the other versus having to switch on and off.

·
1,575 Posts
That blows, I would be calling nissan about it first, they should help with the cost, also if you get a part number I will price it for you thro my shop as well

·
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That blows, I would be calling nissan about it first, they should help with the cost, also if you get a part number I will price it for you thro my shop as well

The best I can determine, the part number is
26010EZ21A

Thanks for the offer. No hurry, whenever you have time!

·
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
1,575 Posts
So you need the actual headlight assembly? From what i can tell that part number is for non led also. Not sure why that would need replace, I was thinking you need the module control box

1 - 20 of 37 Posts