Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I just purchased a 2016 XD Cummins 5.0 Platinum Reserve. The headlights are the "projector" style lo beam and what looks like a traditional halogen hi beam. I did a search for LED replacement lamps and found where it is said they take an H11 (lo) and 9005 (hi). I can not confirm this because I do not see how to remove the headlights and/or get into the fixture to remove the existing lamps.

Anyone here been successful at replacing the lamps in their XD?

I did go a step further and searched for videos of replacing them. All I have found is where they remove most of the front end of the truck in order to get the headlight assembly out. Even then, they did not remove and show the actual lamps inside, so I still do not know if the numbers I have are even correct.

If all the disassembly of the front of the truck is truly necessary, I only want to do that once. Not once to find out which lamps it takes and then again after I have the new lamps ready to install.

Thanks for any/all help!

·
2019 XD SV 5.6L
59 Posts
Hi all,
I just purchased a 2016 XD Cummins 5.0 Platinum Reserve. The headlights are the "projector" style lo beam and what looks like a traditional halogen hi beam. I did a search for LED replacement lamps and found where it is said they take an H11 (lo) and 9005 (hi). I can not confirm this because I do not see how to remove the headlights and/or get into the fixture to remove the existing lamps.

Anyone here been successful at replacing the lamps in their XD?

I did go a step further and searched for videos of replacing them. All I have found is where they remove most of the front end of the truck in order to get the headlight assembly out. Even then, they did not remove and show the actual lamps inside, so I still do not know if the numbers I have are even correct.

If all the disassembly of the front of the truck is truly necessary, I only want to do that once. Not once to find out which lamps it takes and then again after I have the new lamps ready to install.

Thanks for any/all help!
Your numbers are correct. It is a bit of a PITA to replace the bulbs but far from having to disassemble the front of the truck. You remove a couple of clips on the fronts of the wheel well skirts and just pry them back a little. Then you can reach up and in to replace the bulbs. Once you do one, the second only takes a couple of minutes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts