Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Owners manual just says that the system is not functioning properly. They appeared to be working fine....
Yeah I read that too.

Interesting enough read something else in the manual when looking for your light issue.
Apparently if your key fob battery dies there's a procedure to hold the dead fob on the push start button. Then you have 10 seconds to start. I know someone was asking about that before.

You haven't had the best of luck with that truck have you

·
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep. My 370Z had an intelligent key as well but if your battery died you stick the fob inside the fobgina lol. On the current Nissan offerings it looks like they use some type of NFC chip and you place it on the start/stop button to start.

·
658 Posts
Yep. My 370Z had an intelligent key as well but if your battery died you stick the fob inside the fobgina lol. On the current Nissan offerings it looks like they use some type of NFC chip and you place it on the start/stop button to start.
My wife's 2015 Subaru with keyless push button start has the same procedure.

·
57 Posts
I received that message once when starting the truck. Turning the lights on cleared it, hasn't came back sense. I can't say for sure but I had a sun shade up the was on the sensor on dash, maybe that caused it.

·
46 Posts
Just happened to me going to lunch, took my sunshades off to drive off and display come on. Ran some errands, whole time it was on, back to work put the shades back up and it went away, Guess it doesn't like to be tickled! Hopefully that the issue.

·
450 Posts
I work for a headlamp manufacturer, we don't make the Titan lamps, but for some of the models we make there have been previous warranty claims for error message during the day and it was the LED DRL.

Most of the time they have 2 programmed voltage levels so that the DRL is brighter during the day and dimmer during the evening so that it meets regulatory requirements for candela intensity in the oncoming traffic zones.

If you are getting the message during the day - or when your sensor is exposed - step out of the vehicle and make sure the DRL LED light blade is still on. If it is not on cover up the sensor and take another look. If it is on then it is most likely the DRL LED voltage driver has gone bad.

·
450 Posts
And I just noticed your mileage. You have the most miles of any XD I have seen.

·
171 Posts
Just got the same thing this morning while working to isolate a rattle in the rear slide window. Cycled the lights and it went away. I'll bring it up with the dealer if I can't isolate the rattle by Thursday

·
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And I just noticed your mileage. You have the most miles of any XD I have seen.
Im at roughly 18.5k now as I dropped the truck off at Nissan again last night. I picked it up last week after they had it for a week and the same day I picked it up the light came back on. Then it popped up again the next night and that was the last time. It's very random but only stays on for a few seconds and each time it's dark enough outside to activate the headlamp as I always leave the switch on auto.

·
450 Posts
If it's happening when trying to automatically turn the lamps on I don't think it has to do with the actual headlamp then. Maybe a body control module communication issue or intermittent ground issue.

·
59 Posts
Just got this light today.
Can you post an update on what you may have found? I was having problems with the headlights not turning off and the error message. I took it to the dealership and they did something to get the lights to turn off, but was still getting the error message. They ordered a new switch and harness.

Took it in yesterday and they pulled it apart. They gave me a loaner in the meantime. Called yesterday afternoon and said that they installed all new parts, and the error message is still coming up and the lights are not working properly and they don't know what the issue may be.

I'm just getting frustrated because the truck only has 5,600 miles on it and has been in three times for the EMC (once having to be towed in), and now twice for the headlights. I am just thankful that my dealership/service department is working hard to try to make me happy.

My salesman said he is looking into this to see if there is something that can be done to get me into a new truck due to all of the issues, but I would like to know what the headlight issue was and get it fixed before moving on to the next step.

·
712 Posts
Other threads on here point to water in the light ballast due to improper assembly.
Three times for the same issue is Lemon Law territory.

Buyback time.

·
59 Posts
Other threads on here point to water in the light ballast due to improper assembly.
Three times for the same issue is Lemon Law territory.

Buyback time.
I agree. I placed a call to a local law firm on Friday that deals with Lemon Law vehicles and am waiting a call back. Here is my dilemma...This is the 3rd Nissan that I've owned. I had a 2004 Titan SE that I lifted. I sold it to my buddy with 76k miles on it and he loves it...to this day, no problems, nor did I have any problems with it. I have a 2015 Murano Platinum and have no issues with it.

I love the look of the new GMC 2500 HD Denali. Should I stick with Nissan or swap over to the Denali? I love Nissan, love my dealership, etc....but after having this truck, I have lost some confidence. I know that this could happen in any make vehicle, but just wondering if I should give Nissan another chance...

·
608 Posts
I looked at a Denali, looked at the $70K + sticker and thought it looked great where it was sitting.
Exactly. Helped me go for the Nissan, if you want leather, navigation, etc in the big 3 they want 70k+. As far as losing confidence, I completely understand and I can't honestly say I'd Buy the same vehicle again if I had a lemon. Personally I love my XD and would buy another tomorrow, but I haven't had issues. Also the Denali is a bigger truck so I guess it also depends on if you need/want a bigger truck. I have to agree the new denali's are gorgeous. Also I wonder if Nissan will cut you a bigger check with the buyback if you inform them you will be sticking with them and getting another titan XD. Lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place right?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts