Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
220 Posts
I also think there really ought to be a combination vehicle license endorsement requirement to tow a trailer, but that's just the result of many thousands of miles of experience watching people do really stupid things, especially with U-haul trailers.
In Texas, you need a class A CDL for any GCWR over 26,001 if towing 10k or more. But you’ll pass hundreds of peeps doing it totally ignorant of that requirement. And I’ve never heard of TXDOT doing anything about it.

·
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Guys I only tow this shit once every few months and when I do it's just around town to jobs. It's not a big deal at all

·
2018 XD Pro4x Gas
220 Posts
No judgement. I mean it’s really no different then speeding. It’s illegal, but if ANYONE wants to say they’ve never done it...just lol. And yes, speeding is unsafe and can kill someone you didn’t intend.

I was just mentioning it cause I stumbled across it. Comparatively, 26k lbs is pretty low. I’ve seen rigs at campsites that easily surpass that by several thousand. It’s an interesting number since the class A with haul let’s you pull drive a semi tractor pulling significantly more weight.

Our guys that drag around heavy machinery like yours don’t have any CDLs for it, and all told one setup with a 1 ton dually and 5th wheel that pulls a serious tractor has to be above 26k easy.

101 - 103 of 103 Posts