Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks - new XD Platinum Reserve 4x2 owner here. I'm totally new to this site - i.e. not even lurked here. But not new to the Titan line. I traded in my 2004 (237,000 miles) for the 2016. Yes - it was a first year model as well and after Nissan sorted out my rear end issues (boy....that just sounds bad), the '04 was relatively maintenance free. Other than 3 batteries and oil/filter, I really didn't do much - well, except install Power Stop rotors/pads and after market rim/tires.

I've got a little over 1500 miles on the new XD and so far, I'm happy with my decision except in the area of towing capacity which has created a dilemma for me. I'll post more about my quandary in the towing section.

As for me - I just turned 60 on 2/13 and am an egg-head engineer by trade. I really hadn't considered retiring, but the company I gave my 31 years of service to, decided for me last December! No sympathy needed. Yes - it was a bit of a kick in the teeth, but 30+ years is long enough. Besides, the severance package means I'm getting full wages and benefits until the end of October this year. Yep - essentially getting paid to do nothing. So now I have some time to think about what I wanna do now that I'm all growed up.

Just me and the wife and two dogs that are looking forward to do some much needed travelling. The wife is still working 'cause I got needs - like my new Delta table saw and my motorcycle habit and my redneck pontoon boat project. :laugh2:

That's enough drivel about me. Like I said, I'll post my quandary in the Towing Section.

·
608 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Didn't read your towing issue, but didn't you check the towing capacity before buying the truck?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts