Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I dont own an XD and probably wont for a year or two atleast. Currently I own a 2005 Ram 2500 Cummins Manual Laramie and its a pretty awesome truck, cant complain minus getting on the old side.... What i do have to offer is im a Nissan Technician who is cummins XD certified. Thats really all i have to say, feel free to ask me mechanical questions if youd like.

·
72 Posts
Welcome born again. Thanks for the offer of advice. Fortunately my XD has been flawless so far, so not many questions yet.
How about that rear locker? My version did not come with that and that is the one 'platinum' item I would have liked to have. The switch blank it there. Are they pre wired for it as well I assume?
Would you just have to add the locker and wire it up, throw a sw in?
Anybody had that done yet? Any ideas of cost? Thanks!

·
608 Posts
Since you are waiting a few years, are you considering one of the different engines or cabin options that should be available then?

·
12 Posts
Hey,

I dont own an XD and probably wont for a year or two atleast. Currently I own a 2005 Ram 2500 Cummins Manual Laramie and its a pretty awesome truck, cant complain minus getting on the old side.... What i do have to offer is im a Nissan Technician who is cummins XD certified. Thats really all i have to say, feel free to ask me mechanical questions if youd like.
Well, since you offered, what is your estimate of the annual maintenance costs (oil changes, oil filters, fuel filters, DEF fluids, etc.) vs. the upcoming gas motor?

That is one thing that scares this potential Cummins 5.0 owner!

Doug

·
904 Posts
Well, since you offered, what is your estimate of the annual maintenance costs (oil changes, oil filters, fuel filters, DEF fluids, etc.) vs. the upcoming gas motor?

That is one thing that scares this potential Cummins 5.0 owner!

Doug

A forum member was quoted around $350.00 for an oil and fuel filter change if I remember correctly. In Ontario the two fuel filters alone retail for just under $300.00. Maintenance costs will vary depending on where you live.

·
10 Posts
A forum member was quoted around $350.00 for an oil and fuel filter change if I remember correctly. In Ontario the two fuel filters alone retail for just under $300.00. Maintenance costs will vary depending on where you live.

An oil change every 10000 miles is 10 quarts of API CJ-4 oil and an oil filter, no way that can be $350. That will be under $100 and done in my barn. Philip.

·
149 Posts
Hey,

Do you have a part number for both fuel filters on the XD and where are they located?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Go right to Cummins and buy your filters they are way cheaper. I picked up some oil filters for mine a couple weeks ago and they were $10 each and in stock at Cummins.

·
258 Posts
If the parts are really for this hardware, would somebody please post the part numbers for the filters they've bought??? On the box, the part or the receipt?? Many thanks....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts