Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my eye on a Titan XD SL for about 2 weeks now and I finally got it yesterday. Pretty pumped about it. It's an awesome truck! I've driven Frontiers for the past 4 years so it's quite a big change/step up. I'll post pictures later. :laugh2:

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet. Not sure I will though. I'm gonna make sure everything gets broken in before I start going crazy with it. Only has 100 miles on it so far.

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how many people on here have experienced the regen so far? I guess most of the trucks will if they have been idling on the lot or the test drives. Mine did it for the first time last night. Had a slight bit of diesel smell in the cabin. But wasn't so much to be alarmed about. I love this truck! Thanks for welcoming.

·
909 Posts
atc reported that he had a slight smell the first regen but none on his next two. I think someone else reported the same as well. May be a result of the of the higher temps that take place when regens occur on a new system.

·
430 Posts
No. Everything from the regen cycle should be going out of the tail pipe. If it's coming into the cab, that's a leak, or something surrounding the catalyst is burning.

·
404 Posts
atc reported that he had a slight smell the first regen but none on his next two. I think someone else reported the same as well. May be a result of the of the higher temps that take place when regens occur on a new system.
I had the same issue. I hit the recirculate button on the AC system rather than pulling air from the outside and I no longer have the diesel smell in the cabin.

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gone another 150miles and it hasn't happened again. So I think if you keep it from idling for too long, this shouldn't be a problem.

·
17 Posts
I'm sure what everyone is smelling is the oil burning off the new exhaust. I have tested a few new trucks from all makes over the past month and if the wind is not blowing and you sit long enough the smell is all consistent. If it's diesel exhaust smell, well you probably have the wind pushing it back around the outside air intake.

·
1,300 Posts
There is defiantly no leak with the DPF...
If there was every truck out there would be setting codes regarding pressure differential and temp issues.
If the wind is right they all smell when there in a burn.... my 13 5500 Ram was in a regen yesterday and it filled the cab with stank. Nothing to worries about

Reactions: Spillman123

·
10 Posts
Over 500 miles on XD Platinum 4x4 with no regen yet. Took a trip to Galveston and got 20 miles to the gallon. Averaging 15 around town. This is the same I was getting with a 2013 Armada Platinum and this is a heck of a lot more vehicle. I am not ashamed to say I love this truck. My wife is happy it does note sound like a "Diesel".

·
857 Posts
Over 500 miles on XD Platinum 4x4 with no regen yet. Took a trip to Galveston and got 20 miles to the gallon. Averaging 15 around town. This is the same I was getting with a 2013 Armada Platinum and this is a heck of a lot more vehicle. I am not ashamed to say I love this truck. My wife is happy it does note sound like a "Diesel".
Glad to hear you love it so far with the mileage you have racked on. If you're up for it, a review after you had a couple services done would be great, since by then you get even more of a feel for it. Maybe even more likes/dislike about it.

·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I love my truck too. It's a **** of truck. I'm extremely happy with it. It's definitely living up to my expectiations. If not more so.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts