Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

Been watching the development for a while of the XD. I am a cummins fan come from a 12v an early 2000s CRD both great engines hope this new one that's been in development since 98 works out. I was interested in the ram ecodiesel but after reading the forums about oil in the coolent and lots of blow by I think I'll pass. An wait for the XD.

So anyone in the Ann Arbor area talked to Ann Arbor Nissan to see if they had any info which they had none. I also ask if any of there mechanics had been sent to class, I was told not yet since one was out on medical an the other they couldn't afford to let him go to training he was to important. :huh: pretty much.

·
608 Posts
Hey just wanted to welcome you to the forum, even though its belated.

Are you still set on the Titan? What are you driving right now?

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Ditto Mech812! Welcome aboard!

I put it in another forum post somewhere but I was told that between now and Dec, the local dealer will be getting a truck and at least one mechanic will be doing to tech school for training. I really hope it's two so that my truck would get properly looked after if the other mechanic is sick or goes to see Dr. Somerov (lol)

Nissan Corporate are being very tight lipped. I get it though. Everyone wants an edge or looks to exploit one another just to get that edge.

Cheers

M1lks

·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey just wanted to welcome you to the forum, even though its belated.

Are you still set on the Titan? What are you driving right now?
Pretty much don't need a 2500 but i like the cummins and like the look of the titan, Ram has the eco diesel but i keep up on there forum and they got some issues oil cooler failures that are contaminating the coolant system which has lead to some engine changes on truck with less then 30000 miles, and DEF regen issues failed converters on trucks with less then 10000 miles. No thanks i don't really want to deal with that and go week maybe month with out a vehicle that I'm paying a pretty penny for.

Not to say the titan may have some issues but it seems that nissan wants all the kinks out be for they make it available which is a vote of confidence.

Current ride 04 Ram 4x4 1500 QC Laramie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts