Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new on the XD forum. I have owned a 2004 Titan Crew cab 4x4 that I bought new in 04. Good truck and My wife later bought an Armada that we had for years and just recently traded. I am currently in a 2010 Toyota Tundra 4x4 double cab and it has been flawless at 197,500 miles. I know it can't run forever and I am considering an XD with the cummins in the next year or so. Actually saw one in person last week at my local dealer. He has a 2wd SL loaded and priced at 52,400. Didn't drive it but the truck felt well built and solid feeling. Interior was very nice. I must say the truck looks way better in person than in pictures. I hope they do well for Nissan.

·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you going to go with the crew cab, or have you considered one of the other cab styles?
If the other extended cab versions has as much room as my Tundra I would consider it. If not, I will go with the Crew cab.

·
492 Posts
So many factors to consider...whew

So its more about the space than how many people it seats?
Many factors to consider....
Maybe he wants a roomy extended cab. I personally need the bed space and shorter wheelbase that it affords. Everyone has different needs. I certainly don't need a Crew Cab...but maybe if I were a polygamist, I would need the extra seating.
Maybe it gets crowded for his 3 Bull Mastiffs if there isn't quite enough room in an extended cab, but they have too much room to play in a crew cab. Like the new Titan XD, maybe he is looking for the "Right Sized" truck in the Goldilocks zone.

I live in an area where many people here choose to have large families, and they would need the seating that only a van or Suburban would provide. I don't want either one of those. An extended cab is just right for ME.

I like the King Cab because it provides a lockable area to keep things warm, dry, and safe, but I seldom need the seating. The first King Cab from Nissan in 1976 (then Datsun) was the first mini truck that was made with enough leg room for me. I bought a green one that year. Not a lot of room for my dogs behind the seat, but they didn't complain.
YMMV

1 - 9 of 9 Posts