Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Titan brand new in 2004. It was a great truck. Sold it and purchased a new 2010 Ram. My Titan was equipped with the Off-road and Big Tow package. My Ram has 3.55 gears and doesn't tow near as good as the Titan did. I should have hung on to it.

Anyway, I'm very interested in the XD mainly for the engine and towing capabilities. I haven't been impressed with pics I've seen so far, and I'm not thrilled with the interior. The stereo for instance already looks dated.

That being said, I briefly saw one in traffic today while in Bowling Green, KY. It was at a stop light going the opposite direction. I almost turned around to follow it and get a better look, but didn't have a good spot. The truck looked much better in person than the pics I've seen. Can't wait for them to show up on the lots so I can get a closer look.

·
235 Posts
Welcome to the forum! It's good to hold out on completely writing off the XD because it probably looks a lot better in person than what the photos on the forum is showing you. I think the most recent interior pictures we have here is from February.

·
608 Posts
Yea, pictures can't give you an accurate representation of what the Titan is like in real life.

Did you like your old Titan?

Welcome to the forum!

·
49 Posts
Agree, the interior in BC Canada appears dated & dull, I am also disappointed in the size of the Nav/Onboard screen being only 7". Although happy to see Heated & Cooled seats.

Anyone know if they're going to place a trailer receptacle in the bed for 5th or Goose next trailers, guessing it will be an option?

·
36 Posts
Personally I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't the infotainment center that is in the production model. When they unveiled this earlier this year this was the infotainment center in all of the top of the line vehicles of theirs. Now that the new Maxima is out they have a better more modern one. I bet you see the same thing in the XD as what's in the 2016 Maxima.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Agree, the interior in BC Canada appears dated & dull, I am also disappointed in the size of the Nav/Onboard screen being only 7". Although happy to see Heated & Cooled seats.

Anyone know if they're going to place a trailer receptacle in the bed for 5th or Goose next trailers, guessing it will be an option?
Well it's a well known statement from Nissan that the XD comes with the gooseneck setup from the factory, it's only one of their largest selling points next to the ISV.

·
49 Posts
Well it's a well known statement from Nissan that the XD comes with the gooseneck setup from the factory, it's only one of their largest selling points next to the ISV.
To be more clear, I meant the pigtail receptacle, currently I have only seen one in pictures on the rear bumper.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, pictures can't give you an accurate representation of what the Titan is like in real life.

Did you like your old Titan?

Welcome to the forum!
I really enjoyed my 2004 Titan. Back then, it was ahead of its game and others had to play catch up.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
To be more clear, I meant the pigtail receptacle, currently I have only seen one in pictures on the rear bumper.
Ah, I don't have the answer to that question. It would be a rather large oversight on Nissans part not to have a connector in the box.

·
340 Posts
I purchased a Titan brand new in 2004. It was a great truck. Sold it and purchased a new 2010 Ram. My Titan was equipped with the Off-road and Big Tow package. My Ram has 3.55 gears and doesn't tow near as good as the Titan did. I should have hung on to it.

Anyway, I'm very interested in the XD mainly for the engine and towing capabilities. I haven't been impressed with pics I've seen so far, and I'm not thrilled with the interior. The stereo for instance already looks dated.

That being said, I briefly saw one in traffic today while in Bowling Green, KY. It was at a stop light going the opposite direction. I almost turned around to follow it and get a better look, but didn't have a good spot. The truck looked much better in person than the pics I've seen. Can't wait for them to show up on the lots so I can get a closer look.
welcome to the boards! Agreed, I saw one in person at the show and its proportions are far better in person..

·
857 Posts
welcome to the boards! Agreed, I saw one in person at the show and its proportions are far better in person..
One thing they did well in relation to proportions is insuring it does create an impact, it's a looker! And what will expose this more is seeing it alongside the competition.

·
158 Posts
How much $$?

Reactions: pyro404
1 - 20 of 23 Posts