Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello as I decided to try something different by purchasing a Titan XD. I traded in a '13 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 with a 6.2L V8 for XD Cummins Pro 4x package.

The reason I decided to trade in my F150 was that I was sick of the "spongey" feel while towing my bass boat after trying different shocks (Rancho 9000x), a **** wig anti sway bar and almost decided to replace the passenger rated tires that came stock on it. Even though the F150 had a rated payload of 1770lbs and rated 7700 GVWR, anytime I hitched up my boat and put a few things in the bed (maybe 150lbs), the rear end would swat 2-3 inches.

Other vehicles I considered were the newer F150/F250s, the Ram 1500 w/Ecodiesel & Ram 2500. Even though the F150's are supposedly rated to tow more, but they put such light leaf springs in the rear of their vehicles in order to improve their ride quality. I sat on the tail gate of a new F150 and it still squatted some (200 lbs). The Ram Ecodiesel that I was considering had the air suspension, but I've read enough horror stories about that motor that it was a ticking time bomb unless you installed an aftermarket ECU. Plus I've owned a Hemi before and had no issues with that motor, but I was wanting something different with better fuel economy.

Regarding the 3/4 tons, I liked the Ford 6.7, but was concerned about the number of fuel pump failures I've seen on that motor and wasn't interested in having the dealer remove the whole cab to repair that motor. I almost purchased a Ram 2500 with the Cummins as well, but the ride in that vehicle almost rattled my teeth out and I really didn't need that much truck either.

Which brings me to the Nissan Titan XD. It's not perfect by any means, but it will do what I want comfortably with towing my boat or towing a travel trailer in the future. I have a feeling that the fuel economy on the diesel will improve once they loosen up and get 10k miles on them. The biggest gripe I have with this vehicle is the size of the fuel tank, but then again, my bladder is not as good as it once was either.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts