Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a former Titan owner (2004 KC 4x2), I'm closely following the development of the new Titan. Right now I don't think that I will be looking at purchasing the diesel powered Titan so I'm waiting for Nissan to announce what gas engines will be available in the Titan - Will the 5.6 L be back (400 hp and 413 lb-ft of torque) as in the Infiniti QX80 along with a 7-speed transmission. Hurry Nissan

·
313 Posts
Rumour I heard was that the gas engines will not be available until Spring 2016. But they are starting out with the XD and Cummins this Fall.

As to which V8's. Nobody seems to know. I imagine they will get better fuel economy than previous versions though. They will have to if they want to stay competitive.

·
313 Posts
Just read a review in The Fast Lane Truck on the big Infinity SUV. That V8 and 7speed tranny would be a likely candidate for the new Titan.

·
88 Posts
I don't see why Titan wouldn't have engine variety with at least one gas engine option along side the cummins diesel. Not everyone likes the smell and sounds of a diesel. Hopefully they do release a gas engine after seeing the sale results from the Titan XD cummins.

·
608 Posts
Considering that the diesel will be mor expensive than the petrol engines, it is a pretty good business move to release the diesel first and force people to pick up the more expensive option rather than giving people the chance to get the cheaper model.

·
857 Posts
Welcome to the club :D

I'm also interested in what V8 gasoline option we'll have. Having driven a QX80 and being very pleased with the responsiveness of it, i'm looking forward to what this will have, being a bigger truck and all than the last titan.

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To my understanding, Nissan has stated that the new Titan will have both a V6 and V8 gas engines. I would suspect that the V6 will be similar to what's in the Frontier

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Considering that the diesel will be mor expensive than the petrol engines, it is a pretty good business move to release the diesel first and force people to pick up the more expensive option rather than giving people the chance to get the cheaper model.
The diesel powered truck is more valuable and if being resold provides a better return on investment.

·
857 Posts
it's the best way to go about this
a lot of hype over diesels and so pushing those first and only those helps to support that hype and stir the pot.

gasoline engine guys already signed up well in advance :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts