Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello. I found this site after reading up on titantalk about the new titan. I am looking to get a diesel at the end or beginning of next year and have my eye out on this new titan or a new f350 srw. I know the f350 may be just a little bit more for what I need as I will not be towing all the time but with the prices of 1500 truck, you might as well step up to a bigger truck for the same buying price. Im looking for a truck to last me the next 15 year or longer so it had to be a diesel for me. Cant wait to go test drive one of these.

·
608 Posts
I would think that the Titan will be the most economical choice of the bunch since it is from a brand that is trying to break into the segment instead of brand that already has solid footing.

·
88 Posts
I would think that the Titan will be the most economical choice of the bunch since it is from a brand that is trying to break into the segment instead of brand that already has solid footing.
I agree with you on that but I'll also add that it's been awhile since Nissan has release a new truck so I like to be patient and wait it out a bit until the truck gets reassessed after being in customers hands.

·
608 Posts
I agree with you on that but I'll also add that it's been awhile since Nissan has release a new truck so I like to be patient and wait it out a bit until the truck gets reassessed after being in customers hands.
Oh, for sure. I want to hear some reviews and hopefully also hear some opinions from people who buy the Titan early. You never know what kind of weird problems a new vehicle might end up having.

·
857 Posts
Oh, for sure. I want to hear some reviews and hopefully also hear some opinions from people who buy the Titan early. You never know what kind of weird problems a new vehicle might end up having.
x2

Knowing about the initial batch of issues and concerns is what i'll be on the look out for as well.

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked at the Dodge but I not real big on the looks of the truck. I may give it another look at the end of the year. I really like the looks of the current Ford and cant wait to see the new 2017. I like the titan as it gives me 2 thinks I like. I get a great engine and I am also a fan of Nissan. I know price will be very very close on all of them as you can get Dodge and Ford at invoice if you are willing to drive a few hours to the larger dealers so with invoice plus incentives you get about 10k off mspr for the truck. Puts all of them in about the 55k range. Im hoping the titan will be under 55k at invoice for at least the SL version.

·
608 Posts
I assume that by Dodge, you mean Ram. What exactly don't you like about it.

I am also hoping that the Titan will undercut the cost of the other brands. I think Nissan would be stupid to not undercut their competitors. That would be asking to lose sales.

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well you know I said that but then I went and looked at a few of the 2500s and I must say they do look nice. I dont like the looks of the 1500 or 3500 drw. A 2500/3500 srw looks nice. So now i have 3 trucks on the list. I think the Titan will get better mpg but I want one truck for the rest of my life if I can so I want my truck to be able to tow as much as it can. Thats what got me started to look at a 350 srw. Looking at the specs of this truck vs the new dodge 3500 looks like the tow rating is only 3 to 4k diff. I dont think I will ever tow anything that is 17k pounds but I never know. Price is going to be a big factor in that for me I guess.

·
608 Posts
It's hard for me to visualize something that weighs 17k pounds. Would that encompass a trailer home or a boat or something? Just trying to figure out exactly what 17k pounds would look like.

·
857 Posts
It's hard for me to visualize something that weighs 17k pounds. Would that encompass a trailer home or a boat or something? Just trying to figure out exactly what 17k pounds would look like.
the crane on one of these go up to that weight range

so if you've ever seen them tow, you'll get a sense of what that weight is like.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts