Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
1,324 Posts
Thanks for the clear answers.

I think I'm going to go with the EZ Lynk with PPEI tune and FloPro 879 race pipe from Travis at Performance Diesel in Mooresville NC. He said uping to 4" or 5" straight pipes with no muffler won't make much of a performance difference. I don't want it to be loud while towing. I just got the K&N stock replacement filter today. I'm going to try to do a full video review with before and after fuel economy, and 0-60 for each tune. I'm surprised there are only 1 minute of less videos on this.
Kinda bringing this one back from the dead. Avoid K&N. most stock filters flow more air than your motor needs and is not restricting anything. K&N can flow more air (do you REALLY need it?), it flows more as it is less restrictive, it's less restrictive as it has 'larger' holes for air to go thru, which means it lets larger dirt particles go through, which = more engine wear.

Has anyone dyno'd a tuned Titan (say +60hp w/ and w/o K&N?

I alwaya have increased power with cai install.

Best air flow & Best filtration (better than stock) = s&b dry filter with filter sleeve

Tune will increase fuel and turbo pressure right?
Need lots more air.

K&n was ok back in the Cummins 12v and the powerstroke 7.3 obs because they could eat some dust. Todays fuel injection and compression parameters dont allow for that old school scenario.
Track work - oiled is best but regular driving not so much imho

S&b has dynoed their product vs stock. They have all the results.

·
317 Posts

I think I'm going to go with the EZ Lynk with PPEI tune and FloPro 879 race pipe from Travis at Performance Diesel in Mooresville NC. He said uping to 4" or 5" straight pipes with no muffler won't make much of a performance difference. I don't want it to be loud while towing. I just got the K&N stock replacement filter today. I'm going to try to do a full video review with before and after fuel economy, and 0-60 for each tune. I'm surprised there are only 1 minute of less videos on this.
Kinda bringing this one back from the dead. Avoid K&N. most stock filters flow more air than your motor needs and is not restricting anything. K&N can flow more air (do you REALLY need it?), it flows more as it is less restrictive, it's less restrictive as it has 'larger' holes for air to go thru, which means it lets larger dirt particles go through, which = more engine wear.

Best air flow & Best filtration (better than stock) = s&b dry filter with filter sleeve

Need lots more air.

K&n was ok back in the Cummins 12v and the powerstroke 7.3 obs because they could eat some dust. Todays fuel injection and compression parameters dont allow for that old school scenario.

I totally agree with this! I have used S&B for the last 4 pickups and last 2 jeeps. I like the better filtration.

·
423 Posts

Need lots more air.

Dust, dirt, ect is bad for any forced induction. Injection delivery is irrelevant and plays no part. A compressor wheel is a compressor wheel and debris will start to mess it up. Same with internals on the engine.

·
4 Posts
So I just joined the forum after purchasing an 18 Titan XD. It has 40k miles on it. The day after I left the dealership, I get a check engine light. I ran the code at AutoZone and it was P2002, with is the Bank 1 DPF performing below efficient level. So, my first thought was delete that crap. However, I don’t have the money to buy an EZ Lynk. Do some of these diesel shops around have one to where I would only have to buy a tune and install?

·
4 Posts
I’m down here in Texas so I’m sure they won’t mind. Just gotta do some calling I guess.

·
454 Posts
Some shop probably will as long as you are not in a state like Commie Cal. Call the local diesel shops.
It's funny how so many don't know what the definition of "communism" is. Hint - it doesn't exist anywhere in the USA and cannot per our Constitution. Why? Because part of Communism is Totalitarianism which cannot exist in a Constitutional Republic (i.e. the USA).

You must be referring to how Cali, as the world's 6th largest economy, pays massive amounts into federal coffers to cover the deadbeat states that can't pay their own bills.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Emissions on tuning has provided good results for many here.
Nico Club has factory Nissan service manuals for free download.
Look for "drive cycle" to re light all sensors for your smog test after reloading the stock tune.
I voted for Trump the 1st time but had to write in Jesus the 2nd, he didn't win either.
Be nice to each other.

·
98 Posts
It's funny how so many don't know what the definition of "communism" is. Hint - it doesn't exist anywhere in the USA and cannot per our Constitution. Why? Because part of Communism is Totalitarianism which cannot exist in a Constitutional Republic (i.e. the USA).

You must be referring to how Cali, as the world's 6th largest economy, pays massive amounts into federal coffers to cover the deadbeat states that can't pay their own bills.
You guys should leave the United States then. I think it would make us a happier country. Thank you,

From the other 49 states.

·
454 Posts
You guys should leave the United States then. I think it would make us a happier country. Thank you,

From the other 49 states.
I have no clue what you're talking about. I'm in Alaska and we're one of those deadbeats states that is reliant upon federal contributions from other states (i.e. CA) to help create the infrastructure others states have had decades/centuries more time to develop.

You want the 6th largest economy in the world to secede. That's just so stupid it's laughable.

·
98 Posts
I have no clue what you're talking about. I'm in Alaska and we're one of those deadbeats states that is reliant upon federal contributions from other states (i.e. CA) to help create the infrastructure others states have had decades/centuries more time to develop.

You want the 6th largest economy in the world to secede. That's just so stupid it's laughable.
Then go ahead and laugh. You have a personality of a Californian. You should go ahead and move there too, then tell me how great it is there.

·
732 Posts
Agreed we just need to turn the country around and vote or run the leftist out. America needs to be America, Trump was not perfect but he was a whole lot better than what we were swindled into. They used every dishonest trick in the book they used to wreck California. There was a yes/no Biden or Trump and if you voted for Biden, or you voted against Trump or did not vote at all; than you were fooled, or a fool, or an idiot who hates America and our unique culture and god given rights.
Nuff said.

·
454 Posts
Then go ahead and laugh. You have a personality of a Californian. You should go ahead and move there too, then tell me how great it is there.
Because I prefer reality instead of a make-believe world fed to me by talking heads on TV/radio who treat their viewers/listeners as fools, I have a Californian personality? Again, that's so stupid it's laughable.

·
454 Posts
Agreed we just need to turn the country around and vote or run the leftist out. America needs to be America, Trump was not perfect but he was a whole lot better than what we were swindled into. They used every dishonest trick in the book they used to wreck California. There was a yes/no Biden or Trump and if you voted for Biden, or you voted against Trump or did not vote at all; than you were fooled, or a fool, or an idiot who hates America and our unique culture and god given rights.
Nuff said.
Trump - Massive recession, 500k dead Americans (because he was too cowardly to deal with a virus and instead lied to us), 5 senior staff who confessed to or were convicted of felonies.
Obama - Massive economic growth and cut our annual deficits in half.
Bush Jr - Massive recession
Clinton - Massive economic growth and created an annual budget surplus
Bush Sr - Recession
Reagan - Recession

It's truly sad that so many embrace the incompetence "conservatives" have brought us over the past 4 decades.

·
98 Posts
Nuff said. View attachment 46424
No use arguing with this idiot. He’s obviously brain washed by CNN. I just blocked him.

·
1,486 Posts
LOL! Yes, don't face reality. Just plug your ears and continue to be played for a fool. SMH
I’m thankful I don’t have to be around you, and I can chose not to read your comments.

That being said I assume you are older and for the life of me (as a red blooded American) I can’t see how you could possibly think we are better off. I just don’t get it.

Do you have to have your wool trimmed every spring, or is it cold enough in Alaska where you just leave it ???? Also, do you wear a mask and gloves when you drive alone????

21 - 40 of 50 Posts