Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
1,324 Posts
Thanks for the clear answers.

I think I'm going to go with the EZ Lynk with PPEI tune and FloPro 879 race pipe from Travis at Performance Diesel in Mooresville NC. He said uping to 4" or 5" straight pipes with no muffler won't make much of a performance difference. I don't want it to be loud while towing. I just got the K&N stock replacement filter today. I'm going to try to do a full video review with before and after fuel economy, and 0-60 for each tune. I'm surprised there are only 1 minute of less videos on this.
Kinda bringing this one back from the dead. Avoid K&N. most stock filters flow more air than your motor needs and is not restricting anything. K&N can flow more air (do you REALLY need it?), it flows more as it is less restrictive, it's less restrictive as it has 'larger' holes for air to go thru, which means it lets larger dirt particles go through, which = more engine wear.

Has anyone dyno'd a tuned Titan (say +60hp w/ and w/o K&N?

I alwaya have increased power with cai install.

Best air flow & Best filtration (better than stock) = s&b dry filter with filter sleeve

Tune will increase fuel and turbo pressure right?
Need lots more air.

K&n was ok back in the Cummins 12v and the powerstroke 7.3 obs because they could eat some dust. Todays fuel injection and compression parameters dont allow for that old school scenario.
Track work - oiled is best but regular driving not so much imho

S&b has dynoed their product vs stock. They have all the results.

·
317 Posts

I think I'm going to go with the EZ Lynk with PPEI tune and FloPro 879 race pipe from Travis at Performance Diesel in Mooresville NC. He said uping to 4" or 5" straight pipes with no muffler won't make much of a performance difference. I don't want it to be loud while towing. I just got the K&N stock replacement filter today. I'm going to try to do a full video review with before and after fuel economy, and 0-60 for each tune. I'm surprised there are only 1 minute of less videos on this.
Kinda bringing this one back from the dead. Avoid K&N. most stock filters flow more air than your motor needs and is not restricting anything. K&N can flow more air (do you REALLY need it?), it flows more as it is less restrictive, it's less restrictive as it has 'larger' holes for air to go thru, which means it lets larger dirt particles go through, which = more engine wear.

Best air flow & Best filtration (better than stock) = s&b dry filter with filter sleeve

Need lots more air.

K&n was ok back in the Cummins 12v and the powerstroke 7.3 obs because they could eat some dust. Todays fuel injection and compression parameters dont allow for that old school scenario.

I totally agree with this! I have used S&B for the last 4 pickups and last 2 jeeps. I like the better filtration.

·
424 Posts

Need lots more air.

Dust, dirt, ect is bad for any forced induction. Injection delivery is irrelevant and plays no part. A compressor wheel is a compressor wheel and debris will start to mess it up. Same with internals on the engine.

·
16 Posts
So I just joined the forum after purchasing an 18 Titan XD. It has 40k miles on it. The day after I left the dealership, I get a check engine light. I ran the code at AutoZone and it was P2002, with is the Bank 1 DPF performing below efficient level. So, my first thought was delete that crap. However, I don’t have the money to buy an EZ Lynk. Do some of these diesel shops around have one to where I would only have to buy a tune and install?

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Emissions on tuning has provided good results for many here.
Nico Club has factory Nissan service manuals for free download.
Look for "drive cycle" to re light all sensors for your smog test after reloading the stock tune.
I voted for Trump the 1st time but had to write in Jesus the 2nd, he didn't win either.
Be nice to each other.

·
782 Posts
Agreed we just need to turn the country around and vote or run the leftist out. America needs to be America, Trump was not perfect but he was a whole lot better than what we were swindled into. They used every dishonest trick in the book they used to wreck California. There was a yes/no Biden or Trump and if you voted for Biden, or you voted against Trump or did not vote at all; than you were fooled, or a fool, or an idiot who hates America and our unique culture and god given rights.
Nuff said.

·
310 Posts
Agreed we just need to turn the country around and vote or run the leftist out. America needs to be America, Trump was not perfect but he was a whole lot better than what we were swindled into. They used every dishonest trick in the book they used to wreck California. There was a yes/no Biden or Trump and if you voted for Biden, or you voted against Trump or did not vote at all; than you were fooled, or a fool, or an idiot who hates America and our unique culture and god given rights.
Nuff said. View attachment 46424
No use arguing with this idiot. He’s obviously brain washed by CNN. I just blocked him.

·
1,541 Posts
LOL! Yes, don't face reality. Just plug your ears and continue to be played for a fool. SMH
I’m thankful I don’t have to be around you, and I can chose not to read your comments.

That being said I assume you are older and for the life of me (as a red blooded American) I can’t see how you could possibly think we are better off. I just don’t get it.

Do you have to have your wool trimmed every spring, or is it cold enough in Alaska where you just leave it ???? Also, do you wear a mask and gloves when you drive alone????

·
782 Posts
The Keystone pipeline was not in production so it's rather impossible for shutting it down to have an impact on our imports/exports. What nutjob website did you read that on?

The vast majority of illegals arrive here via... airplane. So the border is mostly a fake distraction used on extremely gullible people. History (again, something to be LEARNED from) shows that every single immigration bubble has resulted in a massive economic boon for the US. Every. Single. One. Again, learn from history. I also don't use children as political pawns and find it rather sickening that you do.

You'll have to list what "fundamentals" you are referring to. There are 330 million Americans so it's safe to assume there are 330 million different definitions of "fundamentals".

By "law and order" you must be referring to the January 6 cowardly traitors (all "conservatives") who tried to overthrow one of our branches of government? Yeah, we're sending those pieces of human garbage to jail as fast as possible. Just like we did with 5 of Trump's senior staff.

For "basic human decency", please refer to above where you promote sending children back into human trafficing and drug cartels.

You first say we should "all protect our country" but then list partisan policy as the reason why. You're implying that anyone who disagrees with your partisan politics must not want to "protect our country". Given your admitted fear of learning from history, it's safe to assume your positions are spoon-fed to you by partisan sources. Try reality for a change. It's not as scary as they've trained you to believe it is.

Fauci didn't say masks didn't do any good. Nor did anyone other than partisan hacks who take advantage of extremely gullible people. But, if that's your belief then the next time you have surgery tell everyone in the operating room to take off their masks because they don't work. Get back to us on how well that flies with them.
Total blue pill wack job😂🤣 drunk on CNN and NPR coolaid. This is the kind of folk that turned Ca, Oregon and Washington state and now Nevada cities left. Mass mail in voting and ballot harvesting is there means along with universities and our school systems. Time to rise up and put a stop to it folks. There is no more tolerance or middle ground left.

·
310 Posts
F you. I’m done. It’s impossible…You live in your world and I’ll fight for mine. Hopefully one day we can meet.
I can’t read his comments because I have him on ignore, but I did read yours. I noticed you didn’t add in where the United States (Biden) has been sending money to certain terrist groups and, well the bombing of other countries continue.

·
1,541 Posts
How so?

I’m afraid of reality and obey how?

When did I say I detest our Constitutional Republic??? It’s the greatest work (aside from the Bible) ever written. Don’t put words in my mouth. But, I’m with 2 soldiers right now working…odd but they are dis pleased with the current administration too.

·
310 Posts
How so?

I’m afraid of reality and obey how?

When did I say I detest our Constitutional Republic??? It’s the greatest work (aside from the Bible) ever written. Don’t put words in my mouth. But, I’m with 2 soldiers right now working…odd but they are dis pleased with the current administration too.
Hey man, just put the guy on ignore. Your troubles will disappear.

·
1,541 Posts
Your "side" (conservatives) are on trial for an attempted overthrow of our Legislative Branch (sedition). And it's been found that 2/3 of your "side" support that attempted sedition. That includes the coward who was in the White House. And you've voiced strong support for that coward which means you support the attempted overthrow of our Legislative Branch and support the Oligarchy/Dictatorship he is fighting for.

So, yes, it is very clear you detest our Constitution because that's not something you just gloss over when you voice your support for someone who is openly encouraging sedition.

Do you actually comprehend what you write or do you just belch forth what your masters feed you?
You sound crazier with each post you make. If you think that band or morons on Jan 6 represent the majority of the Republican party you really are crazy. If you think I support that event (which you keep on eluding to) you are crazy. It's been fun but I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut that the majority of the folks that have read our exchanges see that as well. That being said, peace out. I'll keep on doing what I've been doing for our Great Nation for the last 27 years...allowing folks like you to be able to do just what you do... Live safely.

·
1,541 Posts
Hey man, just put the guy on ignore. Your troubles will disappear.

LOL...I've dealt with far worse. Keyboard warriors are the best. Basically cowards that have no other way to express themselves. I'm traveling for work and have periods of down time...it helps make the day go by faster. This exchange just further solidifies what most believe that the Left is WAY out there!

21 - 40 of 64 Posts