Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

2016 Titan XD SL 4x4 Deleted/Tuned
So I just joined the forum after purchasing an 18 Titan XD. It has 40k miles on it. The day after I left the dealership, I get a check engine light. I ran the code at AutoZone and it was P2002, with is the Bank 1 DPF performing below efficient level. So, my first thought was delete that crap. However, I don鈥檛 have the money to buy an EZ Lynk. Do some of these diesel shops around have one to where I would only have to buy a tune and install?
Well....that was quite the read 馃槀. Any who, to get back on track here were you able to find a shop to do the tune for you?

In regards to the thread derail, I apologize. Sometimes it's hard for me to keep quiet!

Find the money and delete if you can. It makes a HUGE difference. 100% better.

Well....that was quite the read 馃槀. Any who, to get back on track here were you able to find a shop to do the tune for you?
Well I figured I would get it all out at once. I took it to dealer and they put a new dpf for free. However, I just ordered the delete pipe and broke down and ordered the ez link with delete tunes. I鈥檓 excited to get it some more horsepower

Well I figured I would get it all out at once. I took it to dealer and they put a new dpf for free. However, I just ordered the delete pipe and broke down and ordered the ez link with delete tunes. I鈥檓 excited to get it some more horsepower
Awesome! Who are the tunes from? GDP?

Well I'm running GDP tunes right now, with SOTF. I'm really impressed with them, but I do have an issue with the 120 tune. I constantly keep getting P00AF and P0046 codes when running that specific tune. Scared the shit out of me thinking the actuator was toast. But I put on the 60 tune and truck is beastly with no codes

Well I'm running GDP tunes right now, with SOTF. I'm really impressed with them, but I do have an issue with the 120 tune. I constantly keep getting P00AF and P0046 codes when running that specific tune. Scared the shit out of me thinking the actuator was toast. But I put on the 60 tune and truck is beastly with no codes
I keep getting a P2637 torque management code on my 125hp tune when I am cruising at 70mph. My tuner just did an update for me, hoping it鈥檒l fix it. Plus I was having some turbo surge issues when driving highway speeds. Should be fixed now. I鈥檓 sure you can contact them and see if they can look at your logs an update the tune or tell you something wrong with a sensor.

I keep getting a P2637 torque management code on my 125hp tune when I am cruising at 70mph. My tuner just did an update for me, hoping it鈥檒l fix it. Plus I was having some turbo surge issues when driving highway speeds. Should be fixed now. I鈥檓 sure you can contact them and see if they can look at your logs an update the tune or tell you something wrong with a sensor.
That's what I'm hoping. I just sent them a data log with the error on.

That's what I'm hoping. I just sent them a data log with the error on.
Idk how they are, but I like how I can literally contact my guy by iMessage and get a quick response. I feel like it鈥檚 the way tuning should be. I鈥檓 actually planning on taking my truck to the drag strip this Friday. I鈥檇 like to see just how slow the truck really is.

I am running GDP emissions just the stand alone 60 and have found it to be solid. I tried the SOTF emissions and while I did not get any codes I had troubles when it finally did an active regeneration during and after.

So I just decided recently I wanted to delete my truck, I went to a reputable diesel shop in north Texas and he relayed he highly recommended I didn鈥檛 do a delete and tune because Titans according to him have a tendency to fall apart immediately. And I鈥檝e done some research on my own and haven鈥檛 found that at all. I鈥檓 looking more for a economy tune, increase the drivability and decrease throttle lag and finally to hear the turbo a lil more. So far the EZLynk looks like the way to go but if somebody could help me out by corroborating this info or debunking it I鈥檇 appreciate it.

2016 XD 4x4 Tuned with straight pipe.
I have not seen any titans, "fall apart immediatly," I'm at 119k miles currently. Honestly, anything that breaks will be taken care of with the delete. If your reputable guy is a ram fan, ask him how them front differentials hold up.

So I just decided recently I wanted to delete my truck, I went to a reputable diesel shop in north Texas and he relayed he highly recommended I didn鈥檛 do a delete and tune because Titans according to him have a tendency to fall apart immediately. And I鈥檝e done some research on my own and haven鈥檛 found that at all. I鈥檓 looking more for a economy tune, increase the drivability and decrease throttle lag and finally to hear the turbo a lil more. So far the EZLynk looks like the way to go but if somebody could help me out by corroborating this info or debunking it I鈥檇 appreciate it.
So my take is that deleting the XD is the best thing you can do to this truck. With a good, solid tune you will see better response, better shifting, better MPG, and just overall better running engine. The DEF system is just choke collar on this truck.

I have not seen any titans, "fall apart immediatly," I'm at 119k miles currently. Honestly, anything that breaks will be taken care of with the delete. If your reputable guy is a ram fan, ask him how them front differentials hold up.
Or ask him how those cam lobes are holding up lol

41 - 60 of 64 Posts