Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new here. I have a 2018 XD diesel that is leaking fuel near the lower fuel filter/ lift pump assembly. About a month ago I had the same issue and brought it to a Nissan dealership and they said the o rings on the filter assembly needed to be replaced, so I had them replace both filters. Now that is has gotten cold in Minnesota the leak has returned. Could this be from the new o rings shrinking allowing fuel to leak or could this be another problem? I don't want to keep running to the dealership and paying unnecessary money, but I also need the problem resolved. I have read this could also be a problem with the fuel pump itself and recommendations on upgrading to a FASS system may be a good idea. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
1,026 Posts
At the very simplest it could be that the o-ring was not lubricated before installation, or it could be a sign of something worse. If you're unable, or don't have the skill to pull it apart yourself you're going to be stuck using the dealership.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At the very simplest it could be that the o-ring was not lubricated before installation, or it could be a sign of something worse. If you're unable, or don't have the skill to pull it apart yourself you're going to be stuck using the dealership.
I was considering pulling it apart to inspect the o ring, but don't really want to sit out in the cold doing it. Since the dealership did it a month ago I'm probably going to go back and have them re check it. Just hope this isn't going to be a constant problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts