Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here but not to the Titan. Currently driving a 2014 SilverAdo that I traded my 2007 Titan for. The TItan wasn't handling the cold weather too well last February and I was pretty much forced to trade. No dealers within 100 miles of where I was working and was really just tired of working on it. They gave me almost $9k for it with 125k miles, so I was ok with that.
I still have a 2004 Titan sitting in the garage, still runs like a scalded cat and has almost 200k miles on it. I use it for hunting or runs to the dump.

Looking forward to driving the XD. If it's affordable I'll consider trading in the Chevy if I have any equity in it by then. I got it for just under $30k and it was stickered at $43k.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing the reviews and lots of pics here. Maybe I'll be able to contribute as well.

Jason

·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't believe the discount that you got on your Chevy.
It's only because my trade in was paid off and they gave me $9k for it. Then there was Presidents' Day discount, "Custom Sport Package" discount (don't think too many folks in Indiana are into chrome lol) and it had minor tornado damage that I could live with ($2700 credit)

Welcome to the forum! Plenty to talk about as the Titan moves from its reveal to going on sale.

I was on TitanTalk alot before I got the Chevy, can't wait to see the XD in person!
Great to have you here.
Thanks!!

·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What exactly constitutes "minor tornado damage"?[/QUOTE

Windshield was broke, which they had to fix anyways. There are a couple paint chips (2 that I found) and a small dent in the fiberglass hood.
They didn't charge me for the windshield and gave me touch up paint.

To anybody but me it looks perfect and I can live with the "damage". The only downside is the paint warranty is void, but I live in the south...not much ice or salt to worry about.:wink2:

There were a lot of vehicles with a lot of circles from the insurance company all over them. I feel I got lucky because my truck happened to be in the shop and not on the lot for someone to grab first. I actually picked the truck out online and was surprised when I couldn't find it at the dealership. I had no idea about the tornado that had come through their town (Kokomo Indiana).
I test drove a blue gray version of the same truck and realized it wasn't the same truck I found online. The salesman tracked it down and I was stoked when he showed it to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.