Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here but not to the Titan. Currently driving a 2014 SilverAdo that I traded my 2007 Titan for. The TItan wasn't handling the cold weather too well last February and I was pretty much forced to trade. No dealers within 100 miles of where I was working and was really just tired of working on it. They gave me almost $9k for it with 125k miles, so I was ok with that.
I still have a 2004 Titan sitting in the garage, still runs like a scalded cat and has almost 200k miles on it. I use it for hunting or runs to the dump.

Looking forward to driving the XD. If it's affordable I'll consider trading in the Chevy if I have any equity in it by then. I got it for just under $30k and it was stickered at $43k.

Anyways, looking forward to seeing the reviews and lots of pics here. Maybe I'll be able to contribute as well.

Jason

·
608 Posts
Can't believe the discount that you got on your Chevy.

Welcome to the forum! Plenty to talk about as the Titan moves from its reveal to going on sale.

Great to have you here.

·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't believe the discount that you got on your Chevy.
It's only because my trade in was paid off and they gave me $9k for it. Then there was Presidents' Day discount, "Custom Sport Package" discount (don't think too many folks in Indiana are into chrome lol) and it had minor tornado damage that I could live with ($2700 credit)

Welcome to the forum! Plenty to talk about as the Titan moves from its reveal to going on sale.

I was on TitanTalk alot before I got the Chevy, can't wait to see the XD in person!
Great to have you here.
Thanks!!

·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What exactly constitutes "minor tornado damage"?[/QUOTE

Windshield was broke, which they had to fix anyways. There are a couple paint chips (2 that I found) and a small dent in the fiberglass hood.
They didn't charge me for the windshield and gave me touch up paint.

To anybody but me it looks perfect and I can live with the "damage". The only downside is the paint warranty is void, but I live in the south...not much ice or salt to worry about.:wink2:

There were a lot of vehicles with a lot of circles from the insurance company all over them. I feel I got lucky because my truck happened to be in the shop and not on the lot for someone to grab first. I actually picked the truck out online and was surprised when I couldn't find it at the dealership. I had no idea about the tornado that had come through their town (Kokomo Indiana).
I test drove a blue gray version of the same truck and realized it wasn't the same truck I found online. The salesman tracked it down and I was stoked when he showed it to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts