Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I am a newer member here and enjoy the forum very much. A bit about myself..I am not new to Diesel trucks and have owned a few over my lifetime

1991 Dodge D250 Cummins Diesel pickup (Great engine, baaad tranny)
1994 GMC 6.5l turbo diesel (acted more like a gas engine in my mind)
2003 GMC 6.6 Duramax diesel (great engine, bad driveline vibrations)

Now I have stayed out of getting another Diesel as I find where I am in life, I want to have a RELIABLE diesel truck that has a smoother suspension package than current 3/4 tons but that I can tow my diesel tractor, ATV's and 30 ish foot boat. So in the end, I think the new Titan fits me very well and they targeted the right demographic as far as I'm concerned. I dont want any of the big three trucks with all that torque and HP and harsh ride since I wont be taking advantage of the upper limits of those trucks and the fuel economy gets sacrificed too much for all that power.

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to the release of this truck and will be test driving one as soon as I can. It feels like it's taking forever but to be honest, I would rather its release not be rushed and all the bugs possible worked out!!

I look forward to paticipating and learning!! Great to meet you all

M1lks

·
313 Posts
Same here: the big ones are too much truck with relatively poor mileage for what we do.

Just hope the Titan XD is affordable up here (we're near Bracebridge). I like diesel, just not willing to pay too much of a premium to get it. I know of Ford and RAM dealers that advertise hefty discounts (Hanna Ford in Collingwood for example) but don't know of any Nissan dealers that do. Hope to hear of any good deals in Ontario. Will travel to save money:grin2:

Welcome to the board.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same here: the big ones are too much truck with relatively poor mileage for what we do.

Just hope the Titan XD is affordable up here (we're near Bracebridge). I like diesel, just not willing to pay too much of a premium to get it. I know of Ford and RAM dealers that advertise hefty discounts (Hanna Ford in Collingwood for example) but don't know of any Nissan dealers that do. Hope to hear of any good deals in Ontario. Will travel to save money:grin2:

Welcome to the board.
Heya Brulaz thanks!

I am originally from North Bay so I know the area well :)

I agree. I think with discounts a ram Ecodiesel can be had on average for 10 grand below MSRP and if you have a friend at the dealership that is willing to split the factory to dealer incentice with you, a couple grand more give or take..

Funny thing is I don't think I have any friends or acquaintances at any Nissan dealers here in Ontario so I think I will probably go to the car cost Canada site and go to the approved dealer who gives 5% over invoice.

I went through the Chrysler dealer growing pains with a new Diesel engine even though they had it for a few years before I got one (from Mac Lang in Sundridge lol) so I hope the tech training is better for this new rollout.

cheers friend

M1lks

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PHP:
Welcome m1lkman. Keep us up to date on your experience with the truck when you get it and your dealer.
Will Do thanks!!

It is looking like they won't hit dealers until late Dec or Jan from what I have read so I hope they are wrong!!

·
36 Posts
Yeah, me too! I'll let everyone know if I decide to pull the trigger as well. :) It's not looking good though. I got a voicemail from the dealer telling me they sent me an email that said I had a voicemail and text message that said I was left a voicemail and email. Don't worry, I'm just as confused as you are now. None of the communications actually answered my question!

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, me too! I'll let everyone know if I decide to pull the trigger as well. :) It's not looking good though. I got a voicemail from the dealer telling me they sent me an email that said I had a voicemail and text message that said I was left a voicemail and email. Don't worry, I'm just as confused as you are now. None of the communications actually answered my question!
ROFLMAO!! I have a headache! haha

Reactions: mizzouxc

·
857 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Glad to have someone on here with the experience you do with diesel, that experience might just be valuable to folks in need of the knowledge you have from it.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum.

Glad to have someone on here with the experience you do with diesel, that experience might just be valuable to folks in need of the knowledge you have from it.
Thank you Sir! :)

Always glad to help where I can!!

M1lks

·
340 Posts
welcome to the show milkman!!

Now I have to wonder if Nissan is going to be willing to deal on the new XD... they're obviously chasing marketshare... hmmm

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're reading my mind. I can get a total of 14 grand off a Ram Ecodiesel with all incentives FCA preferred customer (fleet pricing) etc but I don't want one! I want this one! So I really hope they come in as low as possible to get some market then bring them up slowly over 4 years..So we can get in on the ground floor and be compensated accordingly ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts