Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The site keeps pestering me to post an intro so here it is. I've been following this truck since the first whispers of the 5L Cummins hit the web. It looks like a perfect fit for my needs, and my only concern is that I'll be purchasing it in its first year of production. The styling has really grown on me.

My weekend car is a 1992 Nissan 300zx with a VH45DE swap. That's the V8 from an Infiniti Q45 for anyone who doesn't know. Z cars were pretty much my first love so it will be awesome to have a Nissan truck in the garage next to it. Can't wait to see a full review and official pricing.

Love the forum and absence of douche bag comments. Keep up the good work guys.

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
I've got a 94 Maxima (12v), a 90 z32 TT and a 94 Q45.

I absolutely love the VH45DE and have occasionally thought of putting it into my Z32. The thing is that I don't think the V8 sounds right in the z32. However a v8 sure sounds right in a 280z, so one day I would love to put the VH into a s30. Though it's worth mentioning that I enjoy driving the Q so much that my z32 is for sale and precious isn't getting sold. Something about driving a car no one else in my area drives, plus it being a total sleeper that is enjoyable.

Did you stick with the automatic or use one of the crappy adapter plates and flywheel spacers?

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used the 5spd manual and had the bellhousing machined to bolt to the VH with a small adapter plate. The flywheel is spaced about 5mm, but I wouldn't call the setup "crappy". I removed the rear mufflers to see how it would sound and haven't put them back on in the 5 years it's been completed. It has almost an exotic sound to it without being too loud. Hopefully you can hear that at some point.

·
665 Posts
The VH is probably one of the best sounding V8s. After throughly investigating all the options I think the TKO is the only reasonable choice for converting the VH to stick. This allows the use of the VH starter with a custom flywheel, no offset and a cleaner install. Machining the bellhousing down removes to much material for my taste. All of the adapter plates that I've seen online so far do not offer enough support, as well as eliminating the lower braces.

I would love to hear the sound, as I am still working out the exhaust configuration for my s30-VH concept!

·
608 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have ya.

I think a lot of us are waiting to see some reviews to make sure there aren't any unexpected issues with this brand new model.

Cheers.

·
857 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have ya.

I think a lot of us are waiting to see some reviews to make sure there aren't any unexpected issues with this brand new model.

Cheers.
Yeah that's the main fear of being an early adopter, fear of the unknown, feeling like you're the guinea pig.

·
665 Posts
Work is picking up. If everything goes to plan, I have no qualms about being one of the first to order the Titan XD.

·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The abuse shown in the truckumentary series is making me feel fuzzy inside. Can't wait for the reviews.

·
88 Posts
The abuse is only gonna get worse in the real world so it's great see Nissan put the Titan to the test. Looks great so far tho!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts