Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we dont have all the info yet but im thinking that the HID headlights may only be on the top trims. I was really just looking at getting an SV with upgraded sound system and maybe cloth seats but I am big on making sure I have good headlights. On my current car (2014 Accord) I have and ex manual and upgraded to the Touring LED headlights. Someone made a wire harness and it was all plug and play. I was hoping that I may be able to do that with this truck also. I guess we will just have to see. I hope the headlights are in all the packages though.

What do you all think?

·
2019 Titan XD Pro4x Cummins
665 Posts
Titan uses LEDs, I believe the lower trims will use halogens.

HIDs still require heavier wiring and fusing because they have high startup amperage. In a single projector they also require moving the low beam horizon shield out of the way to achieve highbeams. Overall bi-xenon lighting performance is better than halogen but is not as good as a dedicated low-beam high beam.

In a single LED projector, there is usually a set of LEDs for low beam and a second set for highbeam. Depending on the configuration, this can be the equivalent of a four lamp headlight system because you have two separate light sources for low and high, functioning at the same time.

·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah so it is LED headlights. Well thats good then as if it anything like in the accord it might be all plug in play with a good wire harness. Cant wait to get more info once this things is out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts