Nissan Titan XD Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. So I was on the highway headed to work and went to go around a slow car. Gave it maybe 40% throttle and it kicked down to 5th and pinged loudly and blew alot of whitish smoke mixed with black. Went to speed up again and it did the same thing, then threw a code for the boost actuator. When I pulled into the parking lot it pretty much had zero boost When I headed back home everything seemed fine but I noticed the boost psi was high under light throttle and when I released the throttle there was a delay before the boost pressure would fall off. It was also slower to spool up. When I got to the gravel road that leads to our property everything was fine. Next day everything was fine as well so i hitched upnthe trailer to pick up some things from the builder supply store. Towed perfectly fine and everything was normal. I sat idling for a while as we loaded everything. When I left everything was fine but once the rpms g9t over 2k and the secondary turbo spooled it ponged loud and smoked. Pulled up my monitors 9n the ezlynk and even when i was barely on the throttle the boost would go all the way to 36.2psi no mattwr what sotf tune I selected. On the highway any slight throttle wpuld push the boost to max on the gauge, and on the ezlynk it was again 36.2psi at barely any throttle. Basically stayed at 30psi holding speed which was really concerning, especially considering I was barely on the throttle at all. Checked the actuator and operated it by hand to see if maybe it was binding and itnopersted smoothly. Seems like once the truck gets nice and hot the actuator stops working right. Would this for certain be the actuator or could it possibly be something else? As long as I keep the rpms at or below 2k the engine runs fine aside from too much boost (36.2psi) even under very light throttle.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts