Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
189 Posts
Are you stock? Any issues?
No been on a 150 tune for half of that. My truck was built at the end of 2015, it's a very early build. It's had tons of little issues covered under warranty but its always ran well. I just smashed it so well see how that goes with insurance. I was looking at it tonight, I think the frame might be bent and there's cracking around a weld

Kind of hoping they total it so I can get a new one

·
311 Posts
No been on a 150 tune for half of that. My truck was built at the end of 2015, it's a very early build. It's had tons of little issues covered under warranty but its always ran well. I just smashed it so well see how that goes with insurance. I was looking at it tonight, I think the frame might be bent and there's cracking around a weld

Kind of hoping they total it so I can get a new one
Dang man, hope you’re alright! I hope you get a new truck out of it, if that’s what you want.

·
27 Posts
2016 PR. 37k. Issues with DEF tank. Changed under warranty. Crappy tires.
Same here..Tires sucked just upgraded mine to Mich Defenders 100 percent better now.. only 18K on the Cheap Generals I tried to get the dealer to change but would not budge when I bought it new..

·
27 Posts
Had a 16 crew platinum with 33,000 miles. Made Nissan buy it back under the lemon law. Two transfer cases broke and replaced under warranty. Numerous transmission reprograms done under warranty and failed to fix any of the problems. Shifted extremely harsh. when doing a California style stop there would be nothing after getting into the middle of an intersection and then all of a sudden it would hit hard and squeak the tires nearly getting myself and my wife in accidents multiple times. Slip when shifting from 2 to 3 or 3 to 4. Can’t remember which. Driver side door seal replaced and still did not fix the wind noise. There were several other smaller problems. All of these issues were pretty common with the earlier build 2016’s. Surprised to see you so many of you here with 2016‘s and no issues. Lucky!

even though I had all of those problems, I got the same exact truck as a replacement in a 2017 model. I have not had one single issue with the 2017, but it still has throttle hesitation and the 2 to 3 shift slip at slow acceleration and no load, and sometimes shifts a bit harsh. Nothing like the 2016 and I absolutely love the truck, so I live with it. About 49,000 miles on it now.

I drove a 2018 model at the dealership the other day and it had none of the throttle hesitation or shifting issues. Going to get my truck into the dealership and see if they can figure it out. Might just demand they put a 2018 transmission in it as the 2018 and up models don’t appear to have any of the transmission issues I have experienced

·
27 Posts
Had a 16 crew platinum with 33,000 miles. Made Nissan buy it back under the lemon law. Two transfer cases broke and replaced under warranty. Numerous transmission reprograms done under warranty and failed to fix any of the problems. Shifted extremely harsh. when doing a California style stop there would be nothing after getting into the middle of an intersection and then all of a sudden it would hit hard and squeak the tires nearly getting myself and my wife in accidents multiple times. Slip when shifting from 2 to 3 or 3 to 4. Can’t remember which. Driver side door seal replaced and still did not fix the wind noise. There were several other smaller problems. All of these issues were pretty common with the earlier build 2016’s. Surprised to see you so many of you here with 2016‘s and no issues. Lucky!

even though I had all of those problems, I got the same exact truck as a replacement in a 2017 model. I have not had one single issue with the 2017, but it still has throttle hesitation and the 2 to 3 shift slip at slow acceleration and no load, and sometimes shifts a bit harsh. Nothing like the 2016 and I absolutely love the truck, so I live with it. About 49,000 miles on it now.

I drove a 2018 model at the dealership the other day and it had none of the throttle hesitation or shifting issues. Going to get my truck into the dealership and see if they can figure it out. Might just demand they put a 2018 transmission in it as the 2018 and up models don’t appear to have any of the transmission issues I have experienced
I have a 2016 PR with the Cummins.. have had the same issues. Just turned over 18,000 miles.. had numerous problems with the truck such as Turbo went out.. Then massive fuel leak requiring Tow.. Radiator Issue.. radio issue, Transmission shift issues.. etc.. How did a transmission exchange work out?

·
132 Posts
16XD SV 5.0 Cummins with 48K miles no engine or drive train problems. Only major complaint is an AC compressor that I can hear over the radio at times. Two dealers tell me that it is operating as designed I told them they were full of it. I love the truck but hate the dealer network and Nissan lack of customer service and support. This is my third and last Nissan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
16XD SV 5.0 Cummins with 48K miles no engine or drive train problems. Only major complaint is an AC compressor that I can hear over the radio at times. Two dealers tell me that it is operating as designed I told them they were full of it. I love the truck but hate the dealer network and Nissan lack of customer service and support. This is my third and last Nissan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I first start the truck, the compressor kicks on with a clunk... other than that, the compressor is very quiet. let them do a side by side with another vehicle in my humble opinion... and i agree with you about the dealers. i found one in waycross ga that is good and has more common sense about the truck than most dealers. when i bring the truck up there to be serviced, they do what is necessary and say don't mess with the other stuff. they referred me to another dealership (across the street) that has the Dodge equipment and version of this engine and transmission.

·
1 Posts
'16 had the Turbo recall done early on when close to new, now at 26k miles check engine light lit, dealer says turbo actuator code, book calls for a new turbo, when changing the turbo the mechanic found the intercooler had a leak, so its getting a new intercooler too.... counting the turbo that came with the truck new, I am now on turbo #3 at 26k miles. Love the truck. Hope Cummins can figure out a turbo fix...

·
5 Posts
2017 PR @ 63K miles on the clock. New engine 6K miles ago. Shift from 2-3 kinda hard sometimes, seems like slipping clutch. 2 bad batteries. Replaced under warranty. They both are leaking now. Replaced with 2 Optima Redtop (at my cost). Radio unit restarts itself occasionally.

·
487 Posts
Transmission rev/slip usually 3 to 4 momentary when cold and not the right amount of throttle. Batteries Nissan were cheap wet cell. One on mine was deformed enough that I new it would leak. Replaced with AGM Bosch. There is a software patch for the radio that includes some other software fixes.

·
114 Posts
Transmission rev/slip usually 3 to 4 momentary when cold and not the right amount of throttle. Batteries Nissan were cheap wet cell. One on mine was deformed enough that I new it would leak. Replaced with AGM Bosch. There is a software patch for the radio that includes some other software fixes.
I have that same little transmission slip when it's cold on my 2018 SV. Other than that, 43K and no problems.

·
430 Posts
Got to make a correction to my earlier post: it is actually slipping from 3-4 instead of 2-3. With the rate of its occurrences, I afraid the clutch will get worn out if dealer is not doing anything to fix the issue. However, I'll make sure I visit the dealer before warranty ends.

·
27 Posts
'16 had the Turbo recall done early on when close to new, now at 26k miles check engine light lit, dealer says turbo actuator code, book calls for a new turbo, when changing the turbo the mechanic found the intercooler had a leak, so its getting a new intercooler too.... counting the turbo that came with the truck new, I am now on turbo #3 at 26k miles. Love the truck. Hope Cummins can figure out a turbo fix...
I am still on #1 Turbo. I was not aware of all the problems with the Turbo's... on the cummins.. Must be loosing a lot of business lately saw online they laid off 8000 folks..

21 - 39 of 39 Posts