Nissan Titan XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It might be. I have never seen this before on my vehicles. It could be a mouse or something. Just never have had this issue before. I might just remove it or see if the dealer will replace it.

·
78 Posts
correct me if I'm wrong Realbored... this protects the hood from excessive heat does it not?

·
492 Posts
You can make holes in that material with a high pressure car wash. Not sure what is causing yours. Is something from the engine or intake rubbing?
I would show the dealer.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sent those pictures to my dealer's Service Manager. Nothing looks like it is rubbing. It is in 3 different spots on the hood.

·
911 Posts
correct me if I'm wrong Realbored... this protects the hood from excessive heat does it not?

Helps protect the hood from heat and helps keep the noise level down as well.

If it is something chewing on it, you have to watch out. It doesn't take much for rodents to get into the cab to nest. We had a Rogue last year that had 6 mice come running out of it when the tech started to take it apart to find the cause of the noise in the blower motor. Mice running everywhere and one tech screaming as he ran out the door.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its just weird, I live in a hot climate area, so I dont see why mice would want to try and keep themselves warm in my **** truck.

·
165 Posts
That is definitely from chewing. The dealer may still replace though ? I would definitely check the rest of the truck just in case though

·
348 Posts
Set some traps, if it is chewing, if it gets a hold of the wiring harness, ugh!

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
I just got back from a week in dominican. Flight an hour late. Some how a bunch of flights showed up at once. Airport was a zoo. Finally get to my xd parked in the parking garage. Start the truck, the wife asks why foam is coming out from under the truck. So I pop the hood, to discover the hood shield to be mostly not there. Ripped apart. Whatever did it proceeded to pack the engine cavities with the foam. Me and my kid spent the next hour removing the foam. I can only imagine if we had of drove off and the wife didn't notice. That foam was packed all around the turbo. Could have possibly lead to a fire.

·
911 Posts
That is definitely from chewing. The dealer may still replace though ? I would definitely check the rest of the truck just in case though

The dealer will definitely replace it. But not likely under warranty. Being a new product Nissan will probably call the part back to be examined. Nissan will not pay the warranty claim as chewing is not considered a manufacturers defect. Therefore the dealership would be eating the cost and that is not likely.

·
911 Posts
I just got back from a week in dominican. Flight an hour late. Some how a bunch of flights showed up at once. Airport was a zoo. Finally get to my xd parked in the parking garage. Start the truck, the wife asks why foam is coming out from under the truck. So I pop the hood, to discover the hood shield to be mostly not there. Ripped apart. Whatever did it proceeded to pack the engine cavities with the foam. Me and my kid spent the next hour removing the foam. I can only imagine if we had of drove off and the wife didn't notice. That foam was packed all around the turbo. Could have possibly lead to a fire.

Sounds like there might be something in the protectors that is possibly attracting the varmints.

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
Sounds like there might be something in the protectors that is possibly attracting the varmints.
I was thinking the same thing.
An example my dog has never really chewed anything before (mastiff/corso) but I bought two new moving blankets that I used to cover the couch she claimed as hers. And no matter how much trouble she got she insisted in shredding them. I gave up and bought a couch cover. Never chewed again. Someone said they used horse hair or something in them.

·
348 Posts
I'm thinking about spraying mine with some kind of "repellant" or something. Looking back, my wife had a rat move in under the hood of her 2012 Quest, ended up bringing that thing home from the parking area at her work. Luckily I saw it crawling back under the hood one day while vehicle was parked in the garage. Caught that thing before it decided to make it's way to house.

·
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It looks like it just took what he needed to make a nest. My truck is always parked somewhere different so it would have to be the smartest mouse ever to keep finding my truck. I wouldnt have even of noticed it if I didnt need washer fluid filled. How often does someone look under their hood these days. I was told it actually serves no purpose. It doesnt even come on most cars

·
Premium Member
1,576 Posts
It looks like it just took what he needed to make a nest. My truck is always parked somewhere different so it would have to be the smartest mouse ever to keep finding my truck. I wouldnt have even of noticed it if I didnt need washer fluid filled. How often does someone look under their hood these days. I was told it actually serves no purpose. It doesnt even come on most cars
Most cars don't have a glowing red hot bi-turbo a few inches below the hood. Now I might be wrong but I'm sure it's a sound deadener but it also helps insulate the hood from that turbo heat. I would hate to have a beige tinge show through my white paint. I had to rip mine off as it was that bad. I will get one on order.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts